1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

smooth throttle on an 04 750?

Discussion in 'Tech' started by tightR1, Apr 30, 2008.

1. tightR1

tightR1 Well-Known Member

Is there a cure for a choppy,abrupt throttle on an 04 gsxr 750.I have a power commander,tsiguki full exhaust,k&n filter.The bike handles awsome,penski rear,ohlins internals up front.But I want a smoother throttle.Any help would be great.

2. Harp

Harp Well-Known Member

You mean the off to on transition? Where is it abrubt? I ran a higher idle speed on mine to smooth out the off to on throttle response.

3. LordMDP

LordMDP ... ... ... ....

has the bike actually been dyno-tuned or just a map up-loaded

I had my stock ECU tuned on mine by charlie at HFD1 motosports here in Ga-and that throttle is nice and crisp

4. tightR1

tightR1 Well-Known Member

off on

off to on mid corner coming out.It feels ok if you stay on the throttle just a little but if you are off and come back on,it is abrupt and upsets the bike a little.
    I did have it dyno tuned but it didn't make much diff.Tuner error?

5. Harp

Harp Well-Known Member

Try a higher idle speed. It's an easy thing to try. Set it when the bike is hot. A good tuner can soften the initial hit in the map.

6. Bad Dog

Bad Dog Well-Known Member

It could be the map isn't right, some tuners go for top end and don't care about midrange, so you get a choppy, midrange.