1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Smart states are liberal..

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by sheepofblue, Dec 20, 2018.

1. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

2. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

That is a lot of uneducated people. One in twenty nationally didn't make it through the ninth grade. That is just really sad.

3. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

This is why we need to move the 21 trillion of the 500 billion dollar budget from defense to education...

BHP41 and Fonda Dix like this.
  4. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

World needs ditch diggers too.

ChemGuy and GRH like this.
  5. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Sad when you think that some of us slept almost entirely through ninth grade and still had a 4.0 grade average....

I wouldn't call our school system exactly difficult to get through.

6. sheepofblue

Or quit importing illiterate illegal aliens :Poke: All my kidding aside notice the states with high illegal counts excelled in this with TX and CA being border crossing kings.

7. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

(I have told this story before)

There is a High School in Rio Grande City where you can stand and watch SUV's cross the border and then pull up to the school minutes later, children piling out and going in. It is reversed in the afternoon. These are not burdensome children though, they are usually decent to high performers. Its an interesting sight.

On another note, the children that cause the most struggles, at least with reading and mathematics, are not foreign born. They are Hispanic children of color (to use the PC term) but they are almost all born here but to foreign parents. No English is spoken in their homes, especially academic language. Often the parents are completely uneducated so they show little support for the children. Its just not culturally important to them here because it was not important there. Its like they came for opportunity but think that begins and ends with the yard cutting, restaurant, or manufacturing job they got.

Black and white children also suffer some of the same problem with achievement, but the root causes are totally different. I have found the Hispanic challenge to be unique.

8. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Even that takes brains these days.

[​IMG]

jrsamples likes this.
  9. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

I'm not sure how throwing more $$$$ into failing communities will help that stat. Unless you reside or work inside of poor communities, you'll never understand the how's or why's our education system will ALWAYS appear to be failing. The failing starts at home.

jrsamples likes this.
  10. GRH

GRH Well-Known Member

Seems complicated but these are easy to run, not saying any Joe Blow can do it but it's not rocket science, certainly don't need no schuling for it

11. sheepofblue

They are a huge burden imagine if American taxpayers did not have to foot the bill for the building space, supplies, teachers, and support crew. They are stealing millions from the people of Texas.

XFBO and jrsamples like this.
  12. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

I am thinking your math may need a small amount of work, or you have your numbers reversed...perhaps you're from an UnEducated State?

13. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Throwing more money at "education" is simply throwing more money away.

Banditracer likes this.
  14. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

I was pulling an AOC. It was sarcasm...

[​IMG]

Fonda Dix and Britt like this.