1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Smallest Battery Won't Fit!

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Prospect, Oct 9, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Prospect

Prospect Hayai

Well, I invested in an Aliant battery and after I placed it in the battery tray and made it fit snugly with the foam pads,I find there is a fit issue. The seat without having the plastic battery cover panel (which separates the battery from the seat), is making contact with the terminal. I have the terminals covered in electric tape and when I put the seat in its position and push a bit on it I can see the tape starting to rip. I tried the two different positions I can conjure to no avail. Is there something I'm missing?
    Bike's a 2014 R1

[​IMG]IMG_20161007_092035 by SurgeRR, on Flickr

[​IMG]IMG_20161007_085633 by SurgeRR, on Flickr

2. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

Put the battery in sideways, so the lugs are facing to the left or right?

masshole likes this.
  3. Prospect

Prospect Hayai

If you mean just drop it on its side (from the pictured position) the problem will be getting the cables attached to the terminals, it'll be impossible given that position I think as the cables aren't really that long nor is there angle helpful.

4. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Stock Battery...Install seat, race.

TLR67 likes this.
  5. triplestrong

triplestrong Well-Known Member

If you're set on having that battery in there, trim the seat-pan a bit where it's making contact.

6. If it doesn't fit you must aquit.

BigBird likes this.
  7. zx7marsh

zx7marsh Member

I would make two extension bus bars out of aluminum rectangular bar and drill mounting holes at each end. Bolt bars onto battery then lay battery into tray on its side. Attach cables to top of the extension bars with nut and bolt.

8. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

can u cut slots into the battery box that allow the cables through? so u can reorient the battery.

9. Prospect

Prospect Hayai

Thanks for all the ideas guys, I'll look into modifying the battery tray and putting the battery on its side.

10. MurfSVR

MurfSVR Well-Known Member

Put battery upside down maintaining the same terminal location?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Prospect

Prospect Hayai

That would make it difficult for the cables to reach the terminals, battery tray modification is the only way.