1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

small trailer set up pictures and ideas needed

Discussion in 'Tech' started by old buzzard, Jan 6, 2021.

1. old buzzard

old buzzard Well-Known Member

I just picked up a small trailer . It's a 6 x 10 with v-Nose , rear barn doors, and side door. I have a Pitbull TRS which I will install. I am looking for photos and ideas on how others have organized their kit (warmers, spares, rims, genny, tools, canopy etc) . I will be using a mini van as a tow vehicle so there is more storage in there as well. Looking forward to seeing other's setup. Thanks in advance. !

2. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

I always start with graph paper and do a reasonably good job of scaling everything to size. The stuff I know will always go in the trailer takes priority for location. Any space left over is gravy. Try to keep the floor as clear as possible...few things suck more than trippin' over shit in a small trailer.
    Don't forget to account for item weight when determining locations. You want a balanced load side-to-side and, they say, 10% of the load's weight forward of the axle.
    You know what they say, measure twice - cut once.

When hauling one bike, most people being right-handed, they find it easier to load the bike on the right side of the trailer. That's the side of the trailer that's gonna go Moto if you drop a wheel off the pavement...who knows what awaits after that? Being right-handed myself, I still load the most valuable cargo to the left, however inconvenient that may be for a couple o' minutes during loading/unloading.
    I never mount a single bike in the center...that wastes space.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2021
    DmanSlam likes this.
  3. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

4. Knolly

Knolly Well-Known Member

The way I set up my 5x8 to hold everything:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

TRS to hold bike, stands bolted to the front. The box held warmers, cords, etc.

Trandyd, TurboBlew and ricracer16 like this.
  5. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

6. Crconnor18

Crconnor18 Well-Known Member

I’m currently putting a set of overhead shelves using the E- track shelving arms, throwing in a TRS and finishing the roof with insulation. 6x10 V

Attached Files:

7. old buzzard

old buzzard Well-Known Member

some great ideas and photos so far .... please keep them coming

8. ck.mecha

ck.mecha Well-Known Member

Mini van? I sure hope you mean something like a Chevy astro and not something like a Honda odessy. Otherwise be prepared for plenty of clinching..

Sent from my LM-V450 using Tapatalk

9. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

10. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

6x10 with one bike should be ok if he doesn’t get carried away with the tools, spares, grill, etc. I personally wouldn’t do it without brakes and a brake controller though.

11. Deadpool

Deadpool Active Member

This is a 6x12 but you can see how to make the most of the width. Pit Posse and Nice Raxx stuff is expensive but high quality and makes things easy to organize. It is nice to be able to haul 2 bikes and be able to split gas.

IMG_20200502_195100_736.jpg

12. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Id strap that EZUP in place. Whats the fan hanging from?

13. Deadpool

Deadpool Active Member

The ez up never moves. The fan is hooked on to the 1x square tubing of the trailer bracing. It doesn't run there, that's just where I hang it to transport it.