1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

small track to big track questions...

Discussion in 'Mini Racing' started by fonzy, Jun 6, 2012.

1. fonzy

fonzy Well-Known Member

i have atz125 that now has a honda 150r engine in for mini track stuff , but it was a wera bike at one time , id like to try running a tad bigger track with it , any ideas how badly slow it would be? and how i can figure out some gearing for the dran thing? thnaks in advance

2. nitto182

nitto182 Well-Known Member

my former wera mini 150 has a 35t rear for big big tracks. your bike used to belong to rob linders, if you get in contact with him im sure he'd be full of info.

3. earacing

earacing Race Dad

I don't think that's Rob's old bike, unless he had 2. Kenny raced against that bike last year in WERA minis and it was an RS. It's the dark blue bike in this video, #117.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKgtbewkYzg

Depending on the track, start with around a 15/36 and go from there. You should wind out top gear on the straight for a reasonable amount of time. If you don't hit top gear until the end of the straight, it's too tall. If you spend a long time in top gear before the end of the straight, it's not tall enough.

4. nitto182

nitto182 Well-Known Member

but....i bought a dark blue #117 this spring.... :eek:

got my facts mixed, rob was just hanging on to it before it got brought up north for you to buy steve-o. strato's longest straight is just under 1400ft if that lends a hand with calculations.

5. fonzy

fonzy Well-Known Member

my bike is number 9? white with blue , thanks for the help guys i hope i dont get eaten alive!