1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

small electrical connectors?

Discussion in 'Tech' started by piper907, Nov 30, 2010.

1. piper907

piper907 Well-Known Member

What are the bike builders on here using for electrical connectors???

...Looking for some small 2 and 3 gang electrical connectors for motorcycle mods. Been using some very simple AMP connectors but I have almost run out and I am looking for a better style and source (preferably weatherpack style, think OEM suzuki).

I have a couple of kits from Caspers Electronics but they are too large IMO for racebikes.

I am thinking about ordering up a suzuki kit, but they are pretty spendy and I don't have part numbers for the 2 and/or 3 gang connectors alone. This means that I will quickly run out of the parts I use most often and be back in the same position in a few months... Unless someone has PN's for "refilling" the suzuki kits.

There has to be a better alternative... any ideas??? :beer:

2. afm199

afm199 Well-Known Member

AMP is actually one of the best products on the market. We use their stuff on high voltage high amperage industrial cables.

3. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

The Suzuki ones are available through K&L Supply, they are called 'F' connectors. Several different styles. They are not cheap, but they are considerably less than Milspec.

4. Vitamin-E

Vitamin-E cornerin lo in the 3-1-fo

What are you connecting? If its not sensor circuitry, just use trailer connectors for 2 and 3 wire connections (4 too, I think). As far as water/weather proof goes, does it get any better? $1.99 per at Advance Auto. :D

5. tommyd273

tommyd273 Well-Known Member

6. beathiswon

beathiswon Well-Known Member

7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Deutsch

Not cheap but there's a reason their stuff is used in F1, MotoGP, NASCAR and every other series.

8. piper907

piper907 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info guys!!!... Looks like I'm gunna order up a suzuki kit and stock up on a bunch of the 1-2-and 3 gang connectors from that beaver guy that tommyd posted. 5$ each isn't that bad :)