1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SlutWalk: Toronto

Discussion in 'General' started by KovzR6, Apr 2, 2011.

1. KovzR6

KovzR6 Well-Known Member

"TORONTO — Thousands were expected to strut their inner slut Sunday in Toronto at the first-ever SlutWalk — a grassroots march organized to voice outrage over a police officer's recent suggestion that victims can be blamed for sexual assaults because of how they dress."

:confused:

http://www.windsorstar.com/Toronto+Slutwalk+Sunday/4544917/story.html

2. stephenr928

stephenr928 So come on baby, get in..

That's my idea of a parade!

3. chastain11

chastain11 Well-Known Member

Nice, approved!:up:

4. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

It'll be cold out, eh?

5. svtinker

svtinker Well-Known Member

Being from Houston I never realized the possibilty that winter clothing could be construed as slutty.

Slut Pride:up:

6. Resident Plarp

Let's hope for the locals' sake that this isn't a big tease.

7. bitchcakes

bitchcakes reluctant member

Pix???? Godddammmit!!??

8. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

No means yes. Now get them panties off!

9. Resident Plarp

Ironic, Marilyn Manson's Slutgarden just came on the radio after I got done reading that article.

10. fzr400tony

fzr400tony can't ride

I would take that as a sign that the slut walk is your Mecca and you have to go.

11. mike w

mike w Knarf's buddy

its actually T-shirt weather this weekend...

12. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

God Bless Kanada

13. Gorilla

Gorilla Let me push on that bitch

Pics of said sluts stat!

14. Gonzo

Gonzo Maybe you should drive...

Sluts does not = hot. I bet 99% of what you'd see would make you throw up in your mouth...... Just sayin' - but to each his own......

15. Bad Dog

Bad Dog Well-Known Member

Why are you confused? The shit Ontario Police force combined with the RCMP are 2 of the worst police forces in existance.

16. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

For minute there, I thought it was in Windsor.

It would have been horribly scary....

:D

17. kz2zx

kz2zx zx2gsxr2zx

So, I hate Google's new News format. In reaction, I use Google Canada, and customize about 90% of it to show worldwide and US news.

But the Canadian parts are always about either politics (Tories vs Liberals) or how the OPP or RCMP fucked up or has deranged members or got caught clumsily covering up or with hand in cookie jar or... it goes on, and on, and on.

I'm not saying other large PDs/institutions elsewhere are problem-free. But either Canada's news organizations (disproportionally) stick to what's safe, what people want to hear, or you have a disproportionately-bad set of cops in the GWN. Which was, I think, your point :)

18. mike w

mike w Knarf's buddy

actually
    the cop that started all this was a Toronto city cop if memory serves

19. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

I'm going to play the devil's advocate for a minute here and suggest that the cop isn't completely wrong. If you're walking down the street and two women are walking toward you, one with a mini skirt and halter top, the other with pants and a sweater, which one attracts your attention most of the time? What's the old saying about not advertising if you aren't selling?

Sure, in a perfect world, a woman, no matter how sexy she looks, should be able to walk down the street, or a dark alley, and not be bothered by anyone. Unfortunately, that's not the way the world works. I can't however, see finding a woman like that being guilty of anything other than stupidity.

20. KovzR6

KovzR6 Well-Known Member

:stupid: that wass the reason for the :confused: face :D