1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Slug Eaters

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by kangasj, Mar 7, 2018.

1. kangasj

kangasj Banned

Just because they dare you to eat the slug doesn't mean you should. Damn, to be truthful, I didn't know it could be this dangerous. :eek:

"Ballard, from Sydney’s north shore, fell ill and was taken to Royal North Shore Hospital where he was diagnosed as having been infected with rat lungworm.

The worm is found in rodents, but snails or slugs can become infected when they eat the feces of rats with the parasite, known as Angiostrongylus cantonensis."

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2018/...s-australia-government-over-health-bills.html

2. R Acree

R Acree Banned

His manhood was threatened by a dare. Now everyone us expected to supplement his stupidity. Medical science is able to save lives that maybe they shouldn't

kangasj likes this.
  3. PistolPete

PistolPete Fuck Cancer...

When we hiked the AT last summer there were slugs everywhere. Talked with a guy who found one on the inside of his cooking pot after heating oatmeal. He picked it out and ate the oatmeal (hiker hunger). He was horribly sick for a week! Like the rat worms, up north they are reported to carry worms that attack the brain, and severely impacted the moose population a while back. Don’t eat slugs!!

4. kangasj

kangasj Banned

Crazy. I wouldn't eat them cause they look so nasty and I"ve never heard they were good to eat (maybe there's a reason for that :D) but hell, we've got kids eating tide pods so I guess a slug isn't so far out of the question.

5. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

What's wrong with eating slugs? They're just snails who are down on their luck, and it's incumbent upon we more fortunate than they to provide for them a warm, moist home in which to spend their final moments. What describes that better than a GI tract? :D

6. PistolPete

PistolPete Fuck Cancer...

The problem with that, at least according to the fella I talked to, is that your GI tract spends the next few days outside of your body...

7. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

You'll never understand the plight of the homeless if you don't experience it firsthand. ;)

kangasj likes this.
  8. G 97

G 97 Garth

It’s not Ballard’s fault for contracting eosinophilic meningoencephalitis.
    It’s the governments fault for slashing his funding to only $135,000.
    Damn those taxpayers for not paying more.

It seems like Australia is just as infected with the disease, liberalism as the US currently is. ;)

sharkattack and kangasj like this.
  9. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

No, they're ahead of us.

10. Phanuel

Phanuel Well-Known Member

If I drink some raw water(tm), will it cancel out the tasty slug diseases?

11. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Just eat a lot of salt. It’ll take care of the slug.