1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Slimey Crud Run, 5/2/21- in the group, the Harley Pan American?

Discussion in 'General' started by The Todd, May 4, 2021.

1. The Todd

The Todd It's 'The Todd'

Yeah/nas, it's not even out yet. One of two Harley Engineers in our group ride was on one.

Hello everyone. This is my post about the Spring Slimey Crud Run last Sunday. They put it on the 1st Sunday in May, and October, every year.
    This one was Off the Hook! I estimate 10,000+ people/bikes attended. No, not all at the same spot at the same time, that's not how this one works.
    In a Nutshell, you ride to Pine Bluff WI. solo or with a group. Then you ride your route solo or with your group to Leland WI. Then go wherever you want after that.
    I rode to our usual Breakfast place in Delafield WI. and met up with a group I think we had 12 bikes. Other groups were around at the Gas station next to the breakfast place too.
    This was most of the group I rode with- twisties/backroads/WI Rustic roads all the way! What should take 40 minutes took over 3 hrs, just to get there! Some of the Gas breaks too.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

I set my odometer, 430miles! On my now OEM height clip- ons too! Only about 40 of those were on an Interstate, going to breakfast, and the las 25mi. going home. My back, neck, etc. felt great and I even got up at 5 am the nest day for my swim practice w/ my Masters group.
    My bike ran superbly, never missed a beat.

When we got there, bikes were everywhere. These pics only show a fraction. In previous years, I took pics of all the more rare bikes, etc. Too many to bother with this year. Like the motorcycle that has a full Wave Runner fiberglass body over it! (I think I took a pic of that in previous years.) All kinds of wild looking people, and everyone getting along.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

When we started the ride, a few people were talking about a 'Pan-American'. I had no clue. I don't follow Harleys, etc.
    Every time we stopped for gas - THIS bike would draw a small crowd. In our group were 2 Harley Engineers, and said they have been working on this project for like 5 yrs! They were actually 2 younger nice guys, answering all the questions about it- like it lowers itself some when you stop like at a light, etc.
    When we got to the Slimey Crud Run, Small crowds would form instantly around this bike.
    We also had all kinds of sport cruisers and adventure bikes- I was the only full on sport bike in the group. The leader and one of the Adventure bike riders on a KTM 1290 could corner well!
    There were 2 x KTM 1290's- one of them with 7K miles on it, and still had the OEM knobby tires on it!
    I felt good knowing my little 'ol K5 Liter bike still put out as much or more HP and TQ than most all of those bikes, and way lighter too LOL.
    Anyways, here is pics of the 'not on the market' yet, Harley Pan-American' They said it was 1250cc.

[​IMG]

Here's one of the crowds that didn't ride with us. the guy with the Harley jacket on zipped up in 80 degree weather is one of the engineers, answering all the questions.

[​IMG]

ToofPic likes this.
  2. mastermind

mastermind camping in turn 2....

Been on many Slimy Crud runs over the years - one of the things I miss about living in Wisconsin for sure. Nice to see it still going strong.

t

The Todd likes this.
  3. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Where's Peter?

Thistle and RRP like this.
  4. Triple X

Triple X Well-Known Member

I'm thinking of selling my Multistrada to get one.

5. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Seek help. Now.

6. Triple X

:crackup:
    You're not the first to say that.
    I've been reading some really good reviews on it.

7. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Where??? American Iron magazine?
    Not that I've sought out reviews on it, but all I've seen from those that have seen/ridden it is negative.

8. Triple X

I think one was Cycle News.
    Can't remember the others.
    I'll have to do some more reading.

9. YoshiHNS

YoshiHNS Mr. Slowly

I have first hand word that you won't be disappointed in it. At speed on the pavement the GS edged it out. Otherwise just as good and did the thing.
    From a non-Harley guy who's spend some time at the track.

Triple X likes this.
  10. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

All I can think of is potato potato potato potato potato potato potato but on a dirt road, just saying

The Todd likes this.
  11. sidepipe79

sidepipe79 Well-Known Member

I know all my sources are jaded, but I have heard so many good things about this bike. I am really excited to ride one as I think that they hit this out of the park.

Triple X likes this.
  12. The Todd

The Todd It's 'The Todd'

Well, it obviously had the OEM muffler/cat on it- but it didn't 'potato' at all. It was real quiet. It won't touch my K5 Liter- but the Engineers said it puts out about 150hp and about 80 Tq? I'm pretty sure that's at the crank though.
    They said it weighs about 550#'s.

I looked it up- Retails base is 17.3K

IF I ever went adventure bike, I like those KTM's FTW! Beamers make a nice one too.

13. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Not a bad bike, but hte Tiger900 and KTM will murder it in every segment except "Harley"

14. Sprinky

Sprinky Well-Known Member

I effed up and scheduled a training burn on Sunday. I’m a dumbass. The SCR should be on every riders list of things to do before they die. A perfect spring weekend on the alphabet roads cures all the pent up winter blues.

Inst Tech and Triple X like this.
  15. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

Do you know that you mention that you have a K5 liter bike in every one your posts? Perhaps you should have kept your original user name on here so we couldn't possibly miss that you are so proud you have a K5 Gixxer 1000000000000. Personally, I couldn't give a rats ass about your bike, but perhaps there are many on here that are very impressed. Are you ever planning on taking it to the track or will you just race tractors with your K5 Liter bike?

RRP and bpro like this.
  16. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

17. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Last edited: May 5, 2021
    Triple X likes this.
  18. Triple X

Yep.
    Liking it more and more.

19. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

I think nearly every Slimey Crud ride I did had some epic stories come out of it. From tacking onto a group in Pine Bluff that knew all the best twisties and rarely seeing under 80, to having a large group leaving Neenah that came back three short, one of which was a guy on a brand new Fila Ducati 999 that went down. He had the nice bike, but was riding in tennis shoes and no gloves. I heard he had to have several skin grafts on his hands from the slide........Jawing with Peter Egan......seeing the impromptu stunt show by the Leland bar..........One year heading down in snowflakes near Columbus and Madison.......

20. kirk erlinger

kirk erlinger Well-Known Member

Did you have a cheese sammy ? I forgot, which bar has the shooting range? Loved those rides up to Leland!