1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Since it looks like my season is now over..

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by GrantMLS, Sep 23, 2004.

1. GrantMLS

GrantMLS Well-Known Member

Whats everyone planning for next season?? I will have fun vacation time and money so i plan on racing :rolleyes: but anyone got anything cool coming out of the shop???:clap:

2. Diesel

Diesel Well-Known Member

Nothing special going to be done with Yamahammer, she's still pretty fresh.

But I am going through my parts bin and building an XS650 dirt tracker for AHRMA regional and Swainsboro oval track events. I need to practice crashing gracefully.;)

3. GoNavy

GoNavy Well-Known Member

Diesel,

Did you get my email response from your post on flattrack.com about your Dirt Track questions?

I am an ex AMA dirt track pro from that era. I know a lot about, or can refer you to, anything about the XS650/750, Flat Track organizations, and/or rules questions. I have many contacts in that area.

I am making the switch to road race though I also hope to get back on the ovals.

4. Yama-saurus

Yama-saurus Well-Known Member

i hope to join you guys in 2005.xs650(ish) should be wrapped up this winter.1 1/2 years later than expected though.:D

5. WERA33

WERA33 Well-Known Member

new "A" motor for the rz and bultaco.
    H2 is almost finnshed.
    trying to get the money together
    to build my rg500 for V5 and V6.
    h1 is progressing slowly, hope to have it ready for the season opener.

6. Ducman705

Ducman705 Stressed Member

AAAALLLLL Right !!! I've missed that 'Taco breathing down my neck this season. Are 'ya coming to the GNF ?? :beer:

7. WERA33

WERA33 Well-Known Member

as of right now i have to work. since nashville was cancelled i dont have a qualifying race.
    after that i didnt persue the time off, but i still might make it.
    looking foward to next year. im going to do a couple of track days in nov,dec to knock the rust off. already been a year now. dammit!!!!!!:)

8. rus23

rus23 Misfit

Two strokin it next year, RZ + RD. I sure am glad mark didn't buy the RZ, I actually got paid for work I did 2 years ago and the better half gave the go ahead to collect parts for it.

I talked to Mike this afternoon as he was leaving for Summit.

Work sucks.

9. Diesel

Diesel Well-Known Member

I've gotten a surprising number of e-mails since posting on the Flat track forum and it's hard to remember who's who. If you're Jim, Don, Dwayne or Matt then I got it. ;)

Since you have connections in this area, what are some of the tracks other than Swainsboro where a feller can get track time? I've been tempted to give Beno a call to pick his brain but never quite follow through.

10. GoNavy

GoNavy Well-Known Member

Did you get your answer on rim widths? You had stated that you thought AHRMA’s limit was WM2/front, and WM3/rear. It is WM3 for front and/or rear.

You asked why disk brakes were used in the rear on dirt track. The primary reason was to facilitate switching sides of the tires. Obviously the left side of the tire wears the fastest and with the quick release hubs you can flip-flop the tire between heats, as the disc and the sprocket mounts are interchangeable.

As far as track time, speed week in Daytona is the place you should be looking at. The main reason I am thinking about building a dirt tracker to go with my road race effort is to be able to ride multiple events during the speed weeks at Daytona, Vintage Days, and now the Sandia NM speed week.

At Daytona there will be at least three venues, (AHRMA had that alone).

The tracks in Ohio would probably be the closest to you. And they are also the most fun to ride. They are cushion tracks as opposed to the blue groove you see in many flat track racing events. Here’s a link. http://home.earthlink.net/~teammpg/schedprnt.html

This guy here seems to have the best disc brake conversions for the best price. http://www.flattrackaccessories.com/

And you will need to get a right side shift conversion as well. This guy here, a former GNC rider does this and has many competition parts and services for the XS 650/750. Of course you’ll want the 750 kit. http://www.flattrack.com/tpr/tpr.html

Email me any time at; [email protected]

Tim Lancaster