1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Simoncelli vs Bautista

Discussion in 'General' started by ronaldo9, Oct 31, 2008.

1. ronaldo9

ronaldo9 Well-Known Member

I'm watching the MotoGP 250 race at Valencia and the commentators talk about Simoncelli and Bautista alot. I've seen some great battles between them this year alone. Anyone know why they don't like eachother?

2. Noodlerizer

Noodlerizer Well-Known Member

Well usually competitors that battle so close never like each other. If you are getting be by another guy you usually hold a grudge....

3. If you were actually paying attention this year :tut: :) you would have seen them crash each other out, cost each other race victories, etc. I suspect that it would be rather easy to develop a dislike for someone who crashes into you/takes you out, and screws with you so much that you both lose a race to the guy who was in 3rd place.

4. bwhip

bwhip latebraker.com

They are both tenacious competitors that don't settle for second place, and as a result have had some epic battles that occasionally put someone in the dirt. It seemed to start out as a healthy mutual respect (like when they hugged each other after crashing out in the final lap while running 1-2 at Jerez), but then deteriorated into dislike.

I really like both of them as racers, and can't wait to watch them battle next season, as they're both remaining in the 250 class.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFF6lHL58Gk

Last edited: Oct 31, 2008
  5. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

The Phillip Island race was pretty epic as well, and the press conference afterward was pretty cool. They seemed, if not excited, as least happy that they had such a great race.

6. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

Speaking of 250's, where the hell has Hector Barbera been. Injured?
    Cheers, Lee S.

7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Just not producing.

8. Yeah, the severely broken back hasn't had much to do with his lack of success. :)

9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I don't know why it hasn't been producing, and certainly I'm not saying there wasn't a reason. I'm just saying he has been racing.

10. vanilla4215

vanilla4215 Well-Known Member

I think he actually missed the last race though. I don't remember if he missed Sepang.

11. [​IMG]

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

When did he get hurt? Anyone know?

13. Motegi.

And Papa, you get one too:

[​IMG]

:p