1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SI joint Fusion

Discussion in 'General' started by Ducati89, Nov 27, 2021.

1. Ducati89

Ducati89 Ticketing Melka's dirtybike

I thought there was a thread round here regarding it but cant seem to find it.

Anyway, anyone have an SI joint fusion? Success? Failure? Better or worsen your condition? Who was your surgeon?

Ive been fighting my right SI joint now for years, like probably 20 years now. A chiropractic adjustment used to last about a month as the right joint pivots forward. But now, Im at a weekly adjustment and even thats not lasting.

I dont like getting carved up but I think Im nearly there. So Im seeking suggestions and recommendations.

Thank you in advance!

2. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

upload_2021-11-27_14-40-31.gif

Ducati89 likes this.
  3. kyle carver

kyle carver Well-Known Member

I have other problems with my back and an inversion table has kept the surgeons at bay for about 30 years. Good luck

4. twodocs

twodocs Well-Known Member

Try an injection 1st if you haven’t.

5. Ducati89

Is that going to stabilize the joint?

6. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

Shoe inserts? My SI acts up like crazy if I don’t wear shoes with arch support on a regular basis.

7. Ducati89

Covered.

8. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Fack I’m old. I see SI and think Kathy Ireland in a swimsuit.

Posted from my SI football phone

969 likes this.
  9. Ducati89

This God awful thing? C88D1AEC-CDE4-439F-B45B-18A1668DF5A6.jpeg

pickled egg likes this.
  10. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Gorilla George and Ducati89 like this.
  11. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

I deal with pretty severe SI pain from arthritis caused by a bunch of bad decisions. Discomfort is just the price of living an active life, but debilitating SI issues are another thing. When it's bad there's nothing you can do except lay on your back and hate everything. I considered surgery a few times but was talked out of it by a good friend who had terrible lack of mobility following his fusion. He said his pain was basically gone but he lost so much range of motion that he could know longer even sit with his foot crossed on his knee.

What works best for me is daily core work and traction. I do a series of movements like toes to bar and inverted sit ups that allow gravity to take pressure off the joint while building strength. The biggest game changer has been a reverse hyperextension machine. I use it daily and it's all but eliminated the debilitating flare ups.

https://www.roguefitness.com/rogue-reverse-hyper-2

code3ryder likes this.
  12. Ducati89

I was curious about the range of movement aspect of a fusion. Thats good to know. Perhaps Ill deal with what Im dealing with until it becomes much worse.

I will look into that machine. You use one at the gym or do you have one at home?

13. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

I bought one for the house. I used one at the gym to rehab a herniated l3/l4 disc years ago and felt it was worthwhile to own. It's not cheap but with the benefit of hindsight I'd still buy it if it cost double.

Ducati89 likes this.
  14. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Also I'm apparently illiterate. I'd blame talk to text but I actually typed that. Fucking hell.

Ducati89 and lopitt85 like this.