1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Show me your view

Discussion in 'General' started by motion, Jul 22, 2022.

1. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

WTF where are the moto pics

2. Smilodon

Smilodon Wannabe

Well, the original theme of this thread was "views", so I kind of focused on that. Views out of windows and what not.

Still sorting through tons of pics. If you are talking me on bikes, very few as I was busy riding. Mostly shots of a few of the group at a rest stop. Here's one of the few "on a bike" pics...
    20230419_083146.jpg
    If you are talking "motorcycle related", I've got tons from the Honda Collection...

JapanTrip0022.JPG JapanTrip0017.JPG JapanTrip0018.JPG JapanTrip0019.JPG JapanTrip0020.JPG JapanTrip0021.JPG

motion, KneeDragger_c69, Razr and 5 others like this.
  3. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Ok the NSR500 engine pics redeemed your beeb manhood cred

DJ Baker likes this.
  4. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

5. ChemGuy

6. ChemGuy

I find the jet lag coming back is the worst. Im a zombie for a week or more. Enjoy.

7. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Nice!!! How many kms did you end up doing on the bike? I'd love to rent one and do some riding there. Was the weather OK this time of the year? I've been there many times during sakura and it always seems a bit chilly and rainy. Hope you had better luck.

8. Smilodon

Smilodon Wannabe

Did about 2600 KM on the bike. The bike was an un-faired variant of the Honda NX-750 they sell over here. Was pretty ideal for our (mostly) two-up riding (the wife took a couple of days in the tour van). Lots of torque and a weather-proof trunk where the gas tank normally is. biggest ding was the extremely wide-ratio transmission. I guess that is for commuting, gas mileage or whatever, but was annoying otherwise. There seemed to be "gears missing" in there somewhere!

I know the tour company adjusted the tour about a week. Not sure if that was due to sakura issues and reservations (we did have to use a few "alternative" hotels), or maybe hoped-for better weather. So, maybe we were lucky or if the timing helped, but the weather was great.

Actually started getting a little "hot" (not to a FL guy but to others) towards the end reaching the low 80's. Mostly it was 55-70 degrees (F) for the tour. It looked like rain a couple of days (but didn't), drizzled for a day and rained like crazy one day. Even a little snow at the top of the Japanese Alps to round things out.

Japan was the "land of tunnels". I wish I had started counting them at the beginning, but I know we went through over a hundred at least (no exaggeration!). Between that and all the bridges, it was an impressive infrastructure investment. The tunnels made the weather situation a little weird, as it would change dramatically from hour to hour as you passed through a mountain to the next valley.

That said, the roads were rougher than I expected when we got away from the big cities. When we got to back roads, there were a lot of driveway-width single-track roads that still had a bit of car traffic, so you had to stay on your toes.

motion and cBJr like this.
  9. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

^^^^ Sounds like a dream vacation. Totally jealous... I want to do this soon, but not with a group. Gawd, I hate groups! Y'all can GFY!!!

DJ Baker likes this.
  10. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Sweet, I can cross getting caught in a sand storm in the Sahara off the list. It was way worse than this photo shows.... riding at 20mph with nearly zero visibility for 6 hours. Thankfully, the wind was at my back.

Southern Tunisia

desert.jpg

Last edited: May 8, 2023
    27, Triple X and Yzasserina like this.
  11. Smilodon

Smilodon Wannabe

Yeah, the tour company does pretty small groups to try and alleviate some of the "herding cats" syndrome, but it still has it's issues. Everybody has their own ideas of what would be a fun way to do things, so you just have to "follow the program" to some degree to keep moving forward.

It would be nice to do something like that on my own, but logistically I could have never gotten it to work as a first-timer in someplace like Japan. Now, with the experience behind me I might be able to put (a less ambitious) something together on my own, but this worked great for a first go.

We had more than a week on our own at the end (without a bike), and it allowed us to check off some of the things we really wanted to do while we were over there (like the Honda collection).

motion and Yzasserina like this.
  12. Smilodon

Smilodon Wannabe

I'm looking on my list, but don't see that one on there! :)

motion likes this.
  13. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

I got some from Willow Springs some weeks back
    340847987_825446742282616_2381194374459492877_n.jpg 340856396_444399057896025_3402280067469289919_n.jpg 341032672_235295635680795_7941406486822584416_n.jpg I got these at the Willow Springs Vintage a few weeks ago.There was a ton more there
    340818680_763390312163698_65529463325146700_n.jpg 340818680_763390312163698_65529463325146700_n.jpg

Attached Files:

Razr, motion, Banditracer and 3 others like this.
  14. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

Ok, that CB is sweet, and the Hodaka is....interesting....but no picture of the TZ up close? What's wrong with you!?

ToofPic likes this.
  15. ToofPic

I helped the guy that owned the rs 125,and Tz 250 was actually a Frankenstein single ,unload and load them back up Sunday.His dad owns a big museum somewhere out there.We exchanged numbers,but I havent called him.The 500 I got pictures of,and even got passed by with 2 laps left in our race.All those pictures want me to resize .There were several sweet tz 250's there,and one that got wadded up!

16. ToofPic

17. ToofPic

18. ToofPic

19. COOP 1

COOP 1 Well-Known Member

Skyline Drive 230511skyline1.jpg 230511skyline2.jpg 230511skyline3.jpg 230511skyline4.jpg 230511skyline5.jpg

R1M370, Triple X, Razr and 1 other person like this.
  20. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

ToofPic likes this.