1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

shortage of races in the South Central Region

Discussion in 'General' started by dan blankenship, Jan 25, 2003.

1. dan blankenship

dan blankenship Well-Known Member

Why are there so few races scheduled in the South Central region. Seems like we could get a few more in the schedule with the gaps that are present...and save me from having to run CMRA to get more racing in during the season.

2. Tex

Tex Well-Known Member

Transistion period...that's my guess. Seem's silly to saturate a region with races after it lost money for three years.

3. RacerGirl117

RacerGirl117 Well-Known Member

Dan, you wouldn't be related to a Doug Blankenship would you? I used to work with one in Houston.

4. Steve Fahey

Steve Fahey I need a new avatar

With fewer races, it starts to become a self-fullfilling prophecy....fewer races, fewer racers interested in pursuing that limited schedule and less general interest.

I'll still be doing the South Central region races, but I'll have to supplement with out of region and/or out of WERA races to fill out the year.

Hopefully 2004 will be better........

5. WERA29

WERA29 On a mental field trip...

Mongo posted on this a while back. I think it had something to do with shortage of WERA staff for those races. I'm sure it also has to do with track availability and cost. Hang in there! As WERA gets more staff in that region there will be more races. It might take some time but WERA is always striving to make things better for us, sometimes it just takes time. :)

6. dan blankenship

No....not related to that one.

7. dan blankenship

Last years turn out was moderate but seemed by no means slouchy. I did a few of the brand X races and granted they have a larger turn out at TWS...although for some reason we always had the better looking female spetators... :) I wonder why... guess WERA makes us look better... :) It would seem logical that atleast getting close to the 11 race schedule that brand X is running would help to keep the interest in an area that has worked hard to have WERA here and have a viable alternative for regional racing as opposed to brand X. Well this is just my thoughts on the matter and I am not happy until I have thoroughly trashed my Visa card on a season of racing WERA.