Shoei’s Next Road Helmet

Discussion in 'General' started by spcassell, Feb 14, 2020.

1. spcassell

spcassell Well-Known Member

Want to grab a new helmet and was curious if anyone knew when Shoei is coming out with the newer iteration of the X-14. Last time I bought a X-12 Shoei released the X-14 within a couple months.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

I have two X-14s, 2 RF1200s and 2 RF1100s. I’ve had Shoei helmets that date back before the X came into the name.

They fit me, nothing else does. I’ve crashed tested many of them.

Bottom line I like Shoei helmets.

3. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

love my x14, very quiet lid. Ski

4. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Well-Known Member

No idea about new models but I've had Shoeis as far back as the RF700s. Always comfy and quiet but I couldn't say what noise is like back to the RF900s(?) cuz I started wearing earplugs. I've never had an issue with the brand and wouldn't hesitate to buy the next model if, like you, I knew when it was coming out.

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  5. Newyork

Newyork Dip Mode

I’m a shoei guy also as they fit my head the best. I just recently purchased an XLite 803 RS bc I needed a new lid and it fits just like the shoei so there is another option if you choose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. KneeDragger_c69

KneeDragger_c69 Well-Known Member

You can always check Shoei Japan, as they have models we don't have.
    I got me last year the X-Fourteen YANAGAWA5
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And if you search in Europe (pretty much the same models as North America) they're called the X-Spirit III

BTW, I purchased from croooober Really great price and fast shipping.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2020
  7. skidooboy

KN_c69... you are an asshole :D thought i would be the only one in the states with it. i have the same helmet LOL!. ordered from Japan as well. :D didnt like the u.s offerings for graphics. looks like we both have the same tastes in helmets. good on you. the only thing i did was have my local graphic guy make my number for the back, to give it "my" touch. Ski

8. KneeDragger_c69

Not to upset you event more but I masked the 87 on the winglet to put my own touch as well....

BUT... be happy, you are the only one in the USA with it :D since I live in Canada :p... well until I come down to race my Americano friends ! ;)

And yes, we have great taste in helmets !!! lol

Newyork likes this.
  9. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Always wore Shoei because they fit me.

Until I tried AGV. Same fit, slightly better helmets imo. Much better liners.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2020
    elvee likes this.
  10. spcassell

spcassell Well-Known Member

Need to check them out. I flat out have a Shoei shaped head. I have numerous Arai helmets, all at least 10 years old, and they are still in great shape. I've got a couple X-12's and the liners are disintegrating just sitting there. Bought a couple of replacement liners so I can keep using them. The liners in all of my Arai's look like new.

I hate all of the graphic offerings for the US X-14. Not sure why they can't put together some decent looking designs. Arai has numerous badass designs. I was going to pick up a couple white X-??, whatever is next, and put my design on one and do a tribute lid with Santiago Villa's old design on the other. Just hate buying a X-14 and then this summer they release the latest greatest next new thing.

Helmet Small Barb.jpg 193616_10150156213190590_1944024_o.jpg

11. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Check em out, I have Arai also but they're a pain the head after a while. Only Shoei and AGV fit me comfortably. I have had the same problem with Shoei liners as well, they disintegrate. The liners in my Arai and AGV are as good as new and I keep them all clean.

Definitely try on AGV if you have a "Shoei head". One other brand I found that fits me similarly is Schuberth. Just not as common to find.

12. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

X-16?

Hasn't it gone X-11, X-12, X-14.....so did they skip unlucky #13, or did they switch to a 2 digit jump? We'll find out if the next helmet is called X-15 or X-16 I suppose.

13. skidooboy

we have a vacation home in Northern Ontario, near Wawa, so my lid goes there when on the sportbike. :D dodged a bullet there though... still can dream i have the only one in the states. LOL! Ski

14. fastfreddie

They're switching to anally referenced nomenclature...X-idb.

15. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I heard that was Volkswagen's motivation when naming their electric supercar the IDR.....InDaRear

16. fastfreddie

I thought it might have been an annual reference, but then I remembered I had a X-11 Kiyonari in '06, maybe earlier.
    [​IMG]

17. KneeDragger_c69

well if you're up here, you should try a round with SOAR or RACE or event better any of the Ontario CSBK events ;)
    So we could be the only two on the grid with that helmet... unless you want to be the only one, then I'll bow down and use the other one I have lol :p

skidooboy likes this.
  18. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Same here in blue. Because Kiyo! :beer:

19. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

+1 on the AGV fitting very close to Shoei. I have had many versions of Shoei over the years (Hornet X2, VFX-W, X12, and a lot of older models). The newer AGV helmets fit very close as far as the shape of the head, but the sizing can be a little different in the mid sizes, mainly because of the MS and ML sizes in most of the AGV helmets. S = 55-56cm, MS = 57-58cm, ML 59-60cm, L 60-61cm, XL 61-62cm (Pista GP R sizes). The stuff made since 2017 or so has much nicer liners and fit compared to any of the older helmets.