1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shocking

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by Thumper, Jun 14, 2001.

1. Thumper

Thumper Saved by Grace

I'm in need of new rear shocks for my SRX 600 racer. Any ideas? I've got Marzocchi shocks on it now but they are leaking and I can't find any one to rebuild them. Thanks for your help.

Bare Minimum Racing Team

2. Diesel

Diesel Well-Known Member

Hey Will. I bought some Redwings from Pro-Flo for $80 and just replaced their soft springs with the heavier set (95-120) I had on my leaky Pro-Lift shocks. The Redwings are rebuildable so you can modify the valving and fluid to match your bike and riding style.

3. Thumper

Thumper Saved by Grace

Thanks. Do you have a number or address of a supplyer?

4. Steve in NC

Steve in NC Member

5. georgecrash

georgecrash New Member

You can fix the Marzocchi shocks yourself for not much money. I have a pair of Stradas from the early 80's and they too were leaking. The rebuild kit is available for $11.40 or so (US dollars, might be a billion lira ?) They also have the booklet with rebuild instructions.

You'll be looking for the Marzocchi USA website and not the one that shows bicycle suspension parts. If I find the address or phone number I'll post it later.

I contacted Marzocchi (California) in the spring for by shocks and found them to be most helpful. The Stradas I have are 20 years old and they still offer rebuild kits for not much money. Good shocks and a great company.

6. Thumper

Thumper Saved by Grace

Yes thay are good shocks. That is why I'd rather rebuild than buy new (not to mention cheaper). I called Parts Unlimited for info on Ohlins shocks and they wouldn't talk to me unless I was a dealer. Progressive will only sell me what they are "making now" which doesn't include the race model. But they said they will be making them again in the future. Sorry I won't need them then I need them now. I had no idea it would be such a hassle to get shocks. If this keeps up I'm going to buy some suspention fluid and wrap the them with old socks and just say the heck with it. Please let me know the # to get a rebuild kit.

Desel: How good are the Red wings. Looks like a good option.

7. Diesel

Diesel Well-Known Member

They're really nice, especialy for the price, although the spring they come with was a little too light for me. I have the steel body shocks but kind of wish I had gone with the aluminums instead. All in all I like them a lot because they're easy to take apart and experiment with... something I know you can appreciate.

Also, Marzocchi's web site is www.marzocchi.com
    Marzocchi USA seems to only deal in mountain bike suspension but the European site has a motorbike suspension section that is under construction. The site also has e-mail lists and phone numbers.

8. georgecrash

georgecrash New Member

I found the address.
    Send email with your question/request to,
    [email protected]
    They are good people there (be nice).

Best regards,
    Marzocchi Technical Department
    25213 Anza Drive
    Valencia CA 91355 www.marzocchi.com
    [email protected]
    p661 257 6630