1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shock advice

Discussion in 'Tech' started by OlDirtyBrian, Dec 26, 2003.

1. OlDirtyBrian

OlDirtyBrian Well-Known Member

I need to buy a shock for my '02 R6. I'm thinking about either an 8900 series Penske or an Ohlns. Any recomendations? Its my first year racing so would it be necesarry to buy a top of the line shock or would a lower spec version work just as well?

2. number41

number41 Well-Known Member

Go for the Penske. It seems to be a little easier to get support for (i.e. setup and rebuild) I like my penske just fine, but haven't actually taken it racing yet. Most of the guys that I talk to agree that you should just pop for the expensive new one. It'll probably save you in the long run since you'll eventually want to upgrade to a better shock if you buy the cheaper one now. Of course, this all depends how serious you are about racing, too. If you are just going to futz around and have a good time without getting super indebt serious about racing, then a cheaper model may do the trick. Anyway, just my $.02. Good luck with which ever you try.