1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shipping a bike from Spain to the US

Discussion in 'General' started by Chris, Feb 15, 2019.

1. michaelrc51

michaelrc51 Well-Known Member

I did this last year, I imported an Aprilia RSV4. There are a few things that will make it go easier. First see if it's on the US approved list. I was lucky enough that an Aprilia manufactured for sale in Canada is identical to a US one, other than a few small things. I was able to procure a letter from Aprilia stating as such and this made getting it tilted easy, it was just a lot of paperwork and a few months.
    I was going to pick it up at the border in Buffalo, NY but I was afraid of how the crossing would go due to exhaust and race bodywork and such so I paid a transport company to do it. It arrived with no issues and some of the paperwork got screwed up but the transport company and broker doing the import were able to get new paperwork for me without to big of an issue.

I would think bringing it in from Spain might be a bit different. I don't know if the company who transported mine will be able to help you, but they were pretty forthcoming with mine. If you want to give them a call, I used TFX transportation - http://www.tfxinternational.com

I would search and do a lot of reading, there's lots of info out there. I had a hard time finding people with experience doing it.

Chris likes this.
  2. Chris

Chris Keepin' it old school

Thank you for the info!

3. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Have JLo bring it to Austin in April.

motoracer1100 likes this.
  4. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

Yeah , and maybe he will throw in one of his awesome riding scarfs :crackup:

badmoon692008 likes this.