1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

shift linkage problem... or im really stupid... both possible, help?

Discussion in 'Tech' started by jiffyzx6, Aug 10, 2011.

1. jiffyzx6

jiffyzx6 Well-Known Member

So I'm not the brightest crayon in the shed so forgive my lack of proper part names lol ok so I race an 07 zx6 and I'm having clearance issues with the shift rod... I have vortex rearsets and a dyno jet qs (i run gp shift) and the problem im having is that the shift rod is binding against the rearset pretty tight, the (and this is the part I don't know the name of) lever with the splines that attaches to the trany and the shift rod doesn't stick out far enough to allow the rod to run parallel with the shift lever on the rearset... In other words the rod is at an angle because the lever with the splines is more twords the center of the bike and where it attaches to the rearset lever it is out farther... I'm confusing I know... Anyway is there a way to fix this or possibly a different trany shift lever (for lack of better words) that I can buy or take from a different bike? it needs to come out 1/4 inch more to run parallel and clear everything properly... Thanks in advance

2. Wibbly

Wibbly Well-Known Member

call dan kyle. buy the sato gp shift adapter and an appropriate heim joint for your linkage. your only other option is to throw your linkage in a vise and bend it enough to create the clearance required. sadly the oem linkages don't have bolt on heim joints so you can't just space it out.

3. jiffyzx6

jiffyzx6 Well-Known Member

Thanks! Yeah I thought about bending but wanted to avoid it if possible... Who is dan kyle? I tried finding a vortex part but can't find one but haven't checked sato or any other brands.

4. Wibbly

Wibbly Well-Known Member

www.kyleusa.com

he stocks massive amounts of sato parts. you should be able to buy the gp shift adapter and a heim joint from him.