1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shelby Mustang GT500

Discussion in 'General' started by Smokes35, May 13, 2009.

1. Smokes35

Smokes35 Well-Known Member

Anyone have one of these bad boys?

looking to pick up an 08 maybe, its ridiculously cheap for having only 644 miles on it... have no experience with them, was curious what any owners of them thought.

Thanks doods.

2. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

They're pretty cool for a modern muscle car imo, and you don't see too many of them on the road.

One thing I'll add is that although I like the look of the new Challenger, there's about five people in my neighborhood who've bought them already - I see them driving around every weekend like a hot rod club.

3. ckruzel

ckruzel Graphicologist Xtremeist

if you only need a little over 400hp the new camaro is a bargain

there are a few gt's around here and a few challengers, most of the challengers are srt8's i like them more than the rest

4. Smokes35

I like the new Challenger as well, and the new Camaro is BAD ASS, finally saw one on the street just last night... However, if your price them out with the big motors, and trim packages, etc... youre up in corvette money $45-50K... Id sooner buy the corvette.

Edit:

Plus Ford is the only sorta stable auto mfg here... the dodge and GM cars might have a hard time locating parts if theres a problem... and i dont wanna run that risk. Shit, a power steering hose for my Ram was on back order for 5 months, i'm sick of those kinds of head aches.

5. ckruzel

ckruzel Graphicologist Xtremeist

no way, i did one of those build your own camaro online it was suprisingly cheap, i would prefer the v8 of course, but even there 6 has 300 horse

6. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

Not unless you're paying $5-10k dealer markup.

7. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

great... I can see it now... Smokes with a Mustang at the beach...

[​IMG]

8. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

Actually, if I didn't have priorities like family and motorcycles I'd probably own something just like this beast:

[​IMG]

When it idles you can smell the cool coming out the exhaust...

9. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

The new Challenger is OK. Once you get past the newness and look at the numbers, you realize it's a heavy car. And the internal trim leaves alot to be desired. The new Camaro is very, very cool.

As for the Mustang, it's alot like the GSXR. Lots of people have them, readily accessible parts and support. You can walkout and by just about anything you want for those.

If I were going to spend the money, I would still buy an old muscle car. A 67 Fastback or a 69 SS/RS.

10. NC Jon

NC Jon Can I change my name?

I was having a day but then you posted this....:Puke:

11. cletus

cletus doesn't know sh*t

12. Smokes35

Well, you find a dealership thats gonna sell you the first run of a new car for less, show me the way...

the SS2 starts at $34,000, by the time u add the exhaust, bodykit and navigation packages, youre up over 40k. Corvettes start at 42...

The 08 stang with 644 miles on it runs about the same price as the new camaro SS2 before u start adding shit... plus more HP!

13. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

I'll take a '70 Challenger, thank you. Plum Crazy, Sublime or Banana will do, and it can even be a V6...I ain't picky and can build what I want. :D

14. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

i have a black shelby KR staring at me all day long. probably not worth the $80k+ but its even badder than the GT500. we have several of those too. can buy em now for decent money.

15. Smokes35

I like Plum Crazy...

maybe i should go totally in the opposite direction with the new car and get like a 52 caddy coupe deville? and a fedora with a feather in it, and a velvet suit that matches my gator shoes?

The KR is the tits, but to expensive... Can you lease a brand new GT500? It be a sweet company car with the tax deduction,. lol

16. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

I can see it.

[​IMG]

17. Smokes35

Kesler, that caddy is phenomenal.

18. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

We saw a new loaded Camaro on Sunday and it was gorgeous. I felt like stealing it.

19. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Look at that paint, it looks like a piece of candy. You drive that and you can wear whatever you want, nobody will notice.

It's a 52, too, just like you asked...and it IS for sale. I'd be afraid to ask how much, though. :D

You can find your own fedora.

20. I like the new Camaro the best...but the interior gauge area is horendously ugly. Plus you will want the big motor...the car is a bit heavy as is the other late model editions of old school muscle cars. I'd be happier if they just left all the modern doohickies off these cars. Who the hell wants a muscle car with all electric w/d/m, air conditioning, cup holders and all that crap. Give me a true version of a old muscle car with the new body styles and motors.:rolleyes: