1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shame on you....for making me rich

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by prospected, Sep 14, 2016.

1. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

2. charles

charles The Transporter

the guy was just sayin' that there are few (percentage wise) blacks in the game, that's all…besides, the baseball itself is white, and that's not right!

3. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

The game became racist as soon as they outlawed pine tar.

4. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

Minimum salary in MLB is $490,000/year. I would like to be a "penny on the dollars" Latino in MLB...

5. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

I'm not sure where to begin on this steaming pile of shit.

Is major league baseball a white man's game? No. It's America's game and the demographics more closely resemble those of the overall population of the U.S. that any other major stick and ball sport. Let's take a look:

Overall US population:
    White- 61%
    Latin- 18%
    Black- 12%

MLB:
    White- 60%
    Latin- 29%
    Black- 8%

NBA:
    White- 23%
    Latin- 4%
    Black- 74%

NFL:
    White- 28%
    Other- 4%
    Black- 68%

As somebody who has always been pretty deeply involved in baseball, I can tell you that the entire issue is cultural. It's NOT the game or the people involved in the game. I live in an area that has a larger black and hispanic population than most of the U.S. The sports that kids play (then continue to play as adults) are mostly drawn up along cultural lines. The black kids play football or basketball. The Mexicans play soccer, the other Latins play baseball and the white kids are all over the board. That's just how it is. I know for a fact, in baseball, nobody is discouraged or excluded based on race. It's all ability and attitude... more than any other sport.

And notice I said ability AND attitude. This is where the perception that baseball is a white-man's game comes from. My perspective of professional football and basketball is that it's populated with a bunch of whiny, self-important assholes who like to run around with their "entourage" and act like their shit doesn't stink. These guys think they are King Turd on Shit Mountain. Baseball is full of unwritten rules that one does not break if you want to play. Even as a kid, if you break the unwritten rules, you will ride the pine. Some of them are silly like you never walk over the pitchers mound unless you're the pitcher, but others, such as never celebrate your own homer or walk the bases, demonstrate the one thing that separates MLB from the other two sports... no one player is bigger than the game. EVER. Ironically enough, one player who thought they were, in fact, big important shit, was one of the players crying the blues in the linked article. Ortiz may have been a great hitter, but he had an attitude that belonged on a basketball court.

Rant over.

crashman likes this.
  6. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Not reading it. I am done with watching the victim Olympics.

sheepofblue likes this.
  7. jase

jase Your kind makes me sick!!

Fuck baseball!

Play lacrosse.

8. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

I am kinda glad I dont follow sports like I did as a kid. The player attitudes have changed IMO for the worse.

9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Mother f@ckin' yeeeeeaaaaahhhhh. :up: