1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sepang, Malaysia | MotoGP 2015 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'General' started by The Great One, Oct 22, 2015.

1. Fire929

Fire929 Well-Known Member

JLo is full of it with his explanation for leaving the podium.

2. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Yep...

Boohoo...I'm still not as popular as an Italian. Boohoo...

3. Yamaha Fan

Yamaha Fan Well-Known Member

I am certain his popularity will take a giant leap after his comments. :rolleyes:

4. mfbRSV

mfbRSV Well-Known Member

Vale got what he deserved. Too bad we all get deprived of what could have been a great battle at Valencia.

5. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

They should make him start from pit lane for not showing up at the press conference.

:D

6. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

Why would MotoGP want to decide the championship with a round left? Wouldn't it be in their best interest to have a battle in the last race? I went from excited for the last race to not really caring unless Rossi pulls off a miracle.

7. Yamaha Fan

I agree we have all been deprived of the battle at PI, here and now at Valencia.

Maybe the sport is getting what it deserves, MM was bar banging his way to Moto GP if he was going to give JLO a free pass to the front.... What no love for VR?

It smacks of I am out of it but I am still in control of who Wins. ( I also think he has a chip from Argentina) It will be interesting to see what VR's response is, practice at Valencia may be very interesting.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2015
  8. SethG

SethG Well-Known Member

So with the penalty points, essentially Rossi can only win the championship at Valencia by passing everyone in the field and then Lorenzo?

Yeah sounds like they just cut a round out of the championship

9. mfbRSV

mfbRSV Well-Known Member

I actually wanted Vale to win it in a head to head battle with Jorge at Valencia. When he jumped the shark with his comments at the opening press conference I sensed the pressure was getting to him, and was a harbinger of bad things to come.

10. watskooo

watskooo Well-Known Member

11. Fire929

Fire929 Well-Known Member

No. He keeps his championship points. He has to start from the back (pending appeal) but if he able to finish behind JLo he still wins the chip.

12. Yamaha Fan

Nice you can see MM hit VR's leg, before VR pushes back. Yamaha may have a valid appeal and JLO's comments will ring just a little bit hollow.

2 weeks of Drama to follow...

13. mfbRSV

mfbRSV Well-Known Member

Vale slowed up on the racing line after making a clean pass causing MM to run into him. Why did VR not get on the gas sooner? Because he was too busy trying to screw around with MM!

14. Yamaha Fan

Racing line? what line? VR was ahead it is his line he chose to take it wide.. Take a look at the second video in post 269 page 14 from the top and behind MM turned into VR he had room to go around the outside, he got caught out because VR ran him wide.

No doubt VR punked him but it was VR's line, It was ok for MM to slow the pace and obstruct VR but reverse it and now it's an issue?

15. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

Just watched the race...this cant turn out well.

I'll now fall back and read what the idtios are saying.

16. mfbRSV

mfbRSV Well-Known Member

All the BS about MM obstructing VR just looked liked hard racing to me. You guys drank too much of the Uccio Kool-Aid that Vale served up at the press conference.

17. R1Racer99

I agree with that too and I'm a huge Rossi fan. The only thing is that he was doing it with 18 laps to go, what's the point other than to fuck with Rossi and his championship? Had it been for the lead or been at the end of the race it would have made sense, but it seemed they both wanted to show that they were better than the other at a meaningless point in the race.

18. flyboy

flyboy Well-Known Member

I rewatched the race up to the incident. It's pretty clear MM was fucking with Rossi. Until Rossi had enough he made extremely clean passes on MM. It's also pretty obvious that MM made some pretty hard passes on Rossi and then slower mid corner to either slow Rossi or maybe to cause him to crash or run wide. What I don't get is any support for Marquez....none of us would be cool with that type of bullshit to influence a WERA or CCS championship. He has the right to race for position but it was pretty clear he was trying to disrupt Rossi instead of just riding his race. Seems Rossi's accusations from PI might be true

19. R1Racer99

Good to see a close-up, looks like his boot was a reaction to the head in his knee. They shouldn't decide the whole year on that shit.

20. R1Racer99

That was my thought too, everyone freaked out at his accusations but in reality it looks like he might have known what was going on. Maybe the best racer ever wasn't just making shit up.