1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Send Jimmy V to the Isle of Man!

Discussion in 'General' started by Stillie, May 14, 2009.

1. Stillie

Stillie Off that like Jay-Z

If this is out of line, Mongo or mods please remove it. I know we can't have every racer in the world begging for money via the BBS, but I think the IOM is a special case.

First off, please allow me to introduce myself since many of you don’t know me as I’m a CCS guy. My name is Stefan Still and I’m more widely known by my nickname Stillie. I race in the CCS LWT and Ultra LWT classes and plan to race a couple of Team Challenge events later in the year.

I’ve known James "Jimmy" Vanderhaar for about 5 years now and have been living with him for around 6 months. He’s a friend, a mentor, and a great dogsitter. I stand nothing to gain from all this other than the satisfaction of helping a friend fulfill his lifelong dream.

As most of you know, Jimmy has been accepted into the 2009 IOM where he plans to contest 5 classes. With just 4 days prior to shipping, he’s been notified that the title sponsor is no longer able to offer the previously agreed upon level of commitment. Now Jimmy is being forced to use every available resource he can. That said, Jimmy is far too modest to ask for any type of help from his friends so that’s where I come in. I’m asking YOU to donate whatever you can to this effort, it doesn’t matter if its $5 or $500, every bit helps.

Unfortunately the only thing you can be promised in return is the satisfaction of knowing your funds DIRECTLY contributed to someone’s participation in one of the greatest roadracing events in the world. You will know that your funds are directly responsible for Jimmy’s presence if you see him on the TT coverage or in the articles that follow. Imagine being able to say “Hey I helped put that bike there!” if you’re out at a bar watching the TT highlights.

Rest assured that Jimmy will be racing and your money will not just go into pockets. Arrangements have been made for shipping so these funds are going towards tires, meals, other necessary racing items, and repaying last minute loans Jimmy is taking to pursue this.

If you'd like to donate via Paypal, the email address is [email protected]. Post up if you'd like to send a check or money order to our home address or if you'd like to make an in person cash donation.

I invite you to check out Jimmy’s blog at http://jimmyvtt2009.blogspot.com and follow along as Jimmy chases his dream.

Here's our official press release on Roadracing World (Thanks JU!)
    http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/article/?article=36540

Thank you,
    Stefan "Stillie" Still

Last edited: May 14, 2009
  2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Well you suck for not racing WERA but other than that the thread is just fine :D

3. Stillie

For that I shall write a harshly worded facebook status message! :D

And we're thinking of running an SV at the Summit Endurance round.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

5. Spyderchick

Spyderchick Leather Goddess

Peeps, support Jimmy Mother#^*$in' V!

That is all.

6. Stillie

Thanks Alexa! :D

7. gpstar748

gpstar748 Well-Known Member

damn...........i guess im gonna look like a doosh when i post up a thread similar to this in a month or two for my race at the Ulser GP :eek:

8. gpstar748

gpstar748 Well-Known Member

oh and good luck Jimmy!

keep in touch dude

9. Stillie

Based on what Jimmy has said about you I don't think you'll have any problems dude. And you can count me in for a donation as well. :up:

Thanks to everyone who has donated so far as well as to everyone who has been spreading the word.

10. (diet)DrThunder

(diet)DrThunder Why so serious, son?

Jesus H...that's nice. Nothing like a little warning, eh?

I'll be sending in a donation too. For those of you who don't know Jimmy, he's really a great guy, and he's got everything lined up to race the TT...bikes, lodging, travel, etc. Many of us (me included) have dreamed of taking a shot at this most historic of races...well Jimmy is on the edge of realizing that dream. Don't let a few dollars for shipping be the thing that gets in his way.

EDIT: I didn't read carefully enough that you guys got the shipping handled. Nice! Still, my point is the same...the whole effort is teetering on the edge. Don't let a few bucks be the difference that makes this thing not happen.

:up:

Last edited: May 15, 2009
  11. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

To the top with this one. The Triumph is looking great.

12. (diet)DrThunder

(diet)DrThunder Why so serious, son?

Are there pics of the Triumph? I missed it...gimme link! :)

13. 2old2fat2slow

2old2fat2slow DragonKnee Racing

Not at all Brother. We sent a little donation to support Jimmy and we will do the same for you when the time comes. 2old

14. The Triumph Jimmy will be riding. Hats off to Garry Hayes for supplying the bike and support for Jimmy, TJensen for the great paint work and the guys at www.RidersDiscount.com for helping getting it finished. Purely a team effort.

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

Last edited: May 16, 2009
  15. Stillie

16. KILLA1

KILLA1 Orange Suzuki = MY HERO

17. TJ

TJ Livin in a bubble

Stillie,
    Have you priced out Northwest/Delta cargo?.....much cheaper then fedex/dhl however you will need to use an exporter/importer to handle the customs and clearance

18. KILLA1

KILLA1 Orange Suzuki = MY HERO

i got em hooked up :up:

19. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

Tell Jimmy to find me at the TT this year, and I WILL BUY him one new rear tyre.

Sorry, I am a bit broke myself from No income for the last 18 months

20. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

Get in touch via email dude, I can help you with the Ulster GP, ( Lots of cool Irish friends in that area) next to the TT and our road race here, it is the very best race meeting in Ireland, piss all over the Nth west 200 Thing