1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Semi-Continous and Unoffical VIR Reports

Discussion in 'General' started by CorollaDude, May 20, 2002.

1. CorollaDude

CorollaDude Beach Bum

Attention: Lurkers and those who cannot make the Cycle Jam, do not despair. Just check:

http://www.santelia.org/wera/

This link was created by Ecumike. He rocks! But then again, what do you expect? He's from East Carolina! :cool:

for unofficial coverage of happenings throughout the weekend at VIR. Remember, RRW.Com first and foremost for the best racing coverage, but as for which unsuspecting newbie pulls ***'s finger, come to us!

Bruce Wilkins
    Editor, The Danville Breeze

Last edited: May 25, 2002
  2. CorollaDude

CorollaDude Beach Bum

Updated Photo Alert!

How many of you are in this photo?

3. CorollaDude

CorollaDude Beach Bum

4. CorollaDude

CorollaDude Beach Bum

5. CorollaDude

CorollaDude Beach Bum

6. CorollaDude

CorollaDude Beach Bum

Cycle Jam Update Day 1

No actions shots because my digital camera ain't good enough to take any. Have to process film on my other 35mm camera for those which I'll post later on.

Weather is absolutely perfect and paddock is crowded. Walked up to Dr. Iguana's truck and in the immediate vicinity were Paige, Michael, UGADawg, and The Racer Formerly Known as Tardholio. Yep, I think that was Tard Row!:D

7. CorollaDude

CorollaDude Beach Bum

8. Guoseph

Guoseph Soil Sampler

Hey Bruce buddy you should archive your old pictures and link them so we can see all the previous "photo updates" instead of the most current :)

9. Slick-101

Slick-101 Well-Known Member

Hey, I'm headed down tonight and was wondering what my odds are of getting a pit with access to power. I'd rather NOT lug the generator down if I can get power there. If you're at the track can you give me a feel for how likely I am to get power if I show up at like 8 pm tonight????

Thanks in advance.

10. CorollaDude

CorollaDude Beach Bum

Good idea, Guo. Yeah, like I know whut I'm doing here! :rolleyes:

All I could manage to do was to re-set the "Editorial and Opinion Page" to hold yesterday's first set of photos. I can't even change the title of the page unless I start all over from scratch. But I'll use that as an archive, so after the WERA page, just scroll to the bottom and click on Editoral and Opinion and there'll be other photos there. Hey, this is not a real website and I'm not a real computer programmer...I'm a hillbilly in South Boston!!! I thought you knew that.

This homepage template deal I found on the Sprint/Earthlink DSL I just got hooked up with. There's no direct html involved...matter of fact it was designed so those orangutans on the Captiol One commercial could set their homepage up. It says there's 10mb of space here which is a heckuva lot more than these photos are taking up, so is there a way I can store them here and then post a link? Bear in mind I'm swamped with other work today cuz I played hooky at VIR all day yesterday and I don't have time to go through the help deal and figure it out on my own. There's gotta be some easy, quick way for me to do this that only you computer geniuses know about.

BTW, Novice#230, that was really a great photo of you! :D :D

Hey Slick, e-mail or page Mongo on the BBS. He'll be able to answer the question for you. He checks the BBS out in the day.:)

11. Guoseph

Guoseph Soil Sampler

What kind of access do you have to the files? Can you manage the file directories directly(add or take away html files)? Or can you only make pages through their builder?

If you have direct file access then I'll just edit a couple of your files and you'd be good to go. Can't make it look pretty though, I am about as creative as a brick today.

12. Sean Jordan

Sean Jordan Well-Known Member

Hardy-har-har!

;)

13. CorollaDude

CorollaDude Beach Bum

New Photo Alert!

The Versah Suzuki HSB team of Mark Junge, Tray Batey and John Jacobi were overall winners in today's WERA GMD Computrack National. Tray Batey is wicked fast. A couple of long red flags, with one bike catching fire in turn 3. Naturally me and my Nikon were at the top of the uphill esses way out of sight and range.

The Vesrah team completed 94 laps over 3:43.04.768. Race ended under a red flag. AOD was 1:05.938 back, while S&S Endurance was back 1:33.354. Versah also recorded the fastest lap, with a time of 1:31.063.

The Sirens (what was left of them) didn't do too well. Her mom was in the pits, seeing her daughter race for the very first time. Betholio was still dehydrated and a bit weak from Thursday so in her place raced the newest Siren, who (pending the operation next week) was listed as Dr. Bad Iguaness.

Final Standings:
    1) Vesrah Suzuki (No. 1)
    2) AOD
    3) S&S Endurance
    4) Vesrah Suzuki (No. 57)
    5) Team Outa Sight
    6) Northern Getaway
    7) Team Velocity
    8) Team Life
    9) Cycle Therapy Racing
    10) Velocity Crew
    11) moto-heaven.com (Ev's got this one highlighted so I think it won its class, HSS)
    12) Team Chicago
    13) Team Xtreme
    14) Team Infotech (also highlighted so I think they won their class, LSB)
    15) Sagrada Familia (88 laps, back 36:31.875, best, 1:37.157)
    16) Lightsmith Racing
    17) St. Louis Racing
    18) J&J Motorsports
    19) Team Charm
    20) TightSqueeze Racing (you know SClark and crew)
    21) B&S Endurance
    22) 2NSF
    23) Bells Suzuki/Tachyon
    24) Nuke Em Racing
    25) AxxionArm.com Racing
    26) Last Minute Racing
    27) WFO
    28) Deals Gap Racing
    29) Back Roads racing
    30) Free Bud
    31) MB Motorsports
    32) Darkhorse racing
    33) Backmarker Racing
    34) 29dreams.com
    35) Boot Strap Racing
    36) NotB
    37) Racers Advantage
    38) NSF Racing
    39) Intrepid
    40) Traction Limit
    41) 14k The Movie
    42) JK Racing
    43) Team HMR
    44) Williams Racing
    45) D&D Racing
    46) ARNCHU Racing
    47) Sirens

Hanging around waiting for the post-race awards deal, I saw two guys walk up to Mr. Microphone for a question. It turned out to be a BBS meeting. Come to find out they were Zeb Proctor and Ex-CCS Racer. They're good guys. Ex-CCS Racer doesn't seem half the crazy dude he is on the BBS. :D

Will post more photos later tonight. Action photos will start tomorrow night. Sorry, they ain't digital so's hafta have then processed.

No problem, YamahaRick. :)

14. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Thanks a lot Bruce. I appreciate your effort to get this info out to us in BBS Land.

15. ecumike

ecumike Relocated Yankee

website for this weekend

Hey Bruce, if you want/need, I can throw up a little 'sitelet' for you on my site to host and post your photos and commentarys.

It'll take me only a few minutes to do, it's what I do all day ;)

16. CorollaDude

CorollaDude Beach Bum

Re: website for this weekend

Only if your favorite football team is the Pirates! :cool:

I'm over at Nancy's right now, so I have my camera and files over at my house. When I get there, do you want me to send you the JPEGs?

17. ecumike

ecumike Relocated Yankee

yea, send me the JPGs and any copy to go with them. I'll also take what you have on your page now and put it there.

OH yea, Pirates RULE!!

I'll be at VIR S. tomorrow, so if you send me stuff tomorrow I'll get to it >7p

18. ecumike

ecumike Relocated Yankee