1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Seen Any Good Concerts Lately?

Discussion in 'General' started by Razr, Aug 5, 2019.

1. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Slayer a few months ago,but honestly 2 of the opening bands put on a far better show,but I always missed out on Slayer shows through the years and my daughter wanted to go...........so gave me a solid reason to make it this time.

2. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

First date with my (now) wife was in the spring of '94 where we went to see Collective Soul at a bar. Only about 200 people there.

black knight likes this.
  3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Lately? Nope, haven't been to any shows in quite awhile.

Last one I saw that really stuck out was face to face, teenage bottle rocket, Blacklist Royals and Joshua Wilkins.
    Might go see Face to Face with Lagwagon in a few months.

4. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Last great shows I saw :

Moderat last November - excellent electro band from Germany
    Sting & Peter Gabriel together in 2016 Rock Paper Scissors Tour - with an awesome lineup of musicians like Tony Levin and Vinnie Colaiuta. Great show and a night full of hits !
    Ministry last year was incredible

5. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Everyone from Cage is from Bowling Green.(didn't know if you knew that) Been an X fan for a long time. For some reason Billy Zoom always reminded me of Ted Knight!

rd400racer likes this.
  6. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

Halestorm/Alice Cooper, just a couple weeks ago. Enjoyed both shows immensely. Lzzy is fun to watch, and hear. Alice still brings a great show. The opening act was "Motionless in White". They tried, but a little too Manson/Korn derivative for me. Decent energy, though.

Back in May I saw Beasto Blanco at a small venue/bar in St Louis. I had a good time.

Mid June I got to see Larkin Poe do their thing, 2nd time in about 6 months. Pretty cool guitar blues from a sister act.

In March I finally got to see Flogging Molly. A really fun show, but PACKED to the gills.

7. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Nice! I worked the 24/7 tour I think around 2000? It was a stadium tour but she did some arenas. I do remember there were 20+ trucks of gear. It was massive. There is a movie of it I can't recall the name.

Trivia; My parents saw Ike and Tina perform in a barn. Back when black audiences weren't allowed in white venues.

8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

So your parents went to a black-audience concert in protest? :D

vfrket and ChemGuy like this.
  9. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

How'd your folks get in?

:p

10. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

Saw Charlie last year at a FOP benefit concert and that old man can still rock the violin. Pretty impressive.

11. brex

brex Well-Known Member

I saw that tour at the MGM Grand in Vegas that year, last day of Comdex. She put on an amazing show.

Steeltoe likes this.
  12. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

That there's a "fiddle"...:D

stk0308, jksoft and R Acree like this.
  13. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

He played fire on mountain run boy run.

14. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Devil's in the house of the risin' sun...

15. Newyork

Newyork Dip Mode

Saw Hall and Oates with Tears for Fears last year great show. H&O are on point they killed it along with the one man band guy that opened for them. His name was Alan something he was really
    impressive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. Sprinky

Sprinky Well-Known Member

For you fans of good country, not that pop shit, go out and see Whitey Morgan and the 78’s. One of the best shows I’ve been to in a while.

Dead and Company really knocked it out of the park in Chicago this summer.

17. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Went to Tedeschi Trucks band a couple weeks ago, Beck with Cage the Elephant the other night, goin to Iron Maiden next week.

Ohh and i went to Jimmy Boofay with my wife a few weeks back. Not my scene but plenty of booze and boobs flyin around!

Steeltoe likes this.
  18. Cawk Star

Cawk Star Well-Known Member

Every time Ryan Bingham, Social Distortion, Gary Clark Jr. are any where my vicinity and many times not - I do not miss their shows.

19. wsmc42

wsmc42 Well-Known Member

Back in early June, a customer of mine gave my wife and I a last minute invite to see Garth Brooks from a private suite out in Denver. He invited us on a Friday, we booked tickets that night around 9:30 and flew out Saturday at 6 am. It was my wife's birthday so she was over the moon. I've always like Garth but wouldn't consider myself a huge fan. I do have to say, the guy is one heck of an entertainer. Great show.

20. Sprinky

Sprinky Well-Known Member

This is solid advice. Both Bingham and Gary Clark Jr are on my top 10 list of concerts