1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Seems legit...

Discussion in 'General' started by SVandST, Aug 19, 2014.

1. SVandST

SVandST Well-Known Member

A guy had some questions regarding an ad I have in the classifieds. I answered his questions and here is his response. Think I should give home my bank account information so he can wire the money to skip the PayPal fees? IP address is from Nigeria. Weird.

Thank you for your response, I am an oceanographer and I am currently on sea at the moment. I am buying the bike as a surprise gift for my son because his birthday is close. He won't know anything about it until it gets delivered to him on his birthday. I can only pay through PayPal as I don't have access to my bank account online/internet banking, but I have my bank account attached to my PayPal account and this is why I insisted on paying you through PayPal. So please get back to me with your PayPal email address and phone number so I can proceed with the payment and after I have made the payment, I have a pick up agent that will come around for verification and to pick it up after you have received the funds.
    Thank You, Regards
    Colin McTavish

2. zamboiv

zamboiv Well-Known Member

Not sure if you're being sarcastic but it's not legit at all. We've all got the same thing.

3. SVandST

SVandST Well-Known Member

C'mon, it's gotta be legit. His name is Colin McTavish and he's an oceanographer. What's this world coming to if you can't trust someone like that?

4. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

Open a $25 min open balance account at your local bank.

Link it to paypal with a new email address and phony address listed as the physical.

When the Nigerian prince deposits the money for the Bday gift, close the account at the bank after you withdrawl errythang.

It is the only way to deal with oceanographers. They are a sketchy breed.

5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

There sure are a f@ck load of oceanographers buying bikes for their kids the last few years.