1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

School Me on Jetski's

Discussion in 'General' started by tony 340, Apr 1, 2013.

1. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

There's gotta be some of you guys with jetskis.

What brand/models do you have and are you happy with them?

Maintenance?

Spare parts, etc.?

Models to avoid?

I might buy used if I find a nice one. Might just go for a new one so I don't get something the last guy trashed.

2. colin96

colin96 Well-Known Member

If your over 30, they suck!

School's out!

IMHO. :)

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I loved mine but we're just not home enough on weekends. Yamaha 3 seater, FXHO, fun times.

4. zertrider

zertrider Waiting for snow. Or sun.

Rent one for a hour. That'll be long enough to bore you out of buying one.

5. duck62

duck62 V7 Scooter

If you live more than 15 minutes from the lake, save your money.

6. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Murder on the back if it's choppy....Better to have friend that has one, then just bring the beer. :clap:

7. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

A waverunner seems to be the longer lasting, motor, but idjuts can still blow them up.
    Stay away from the sea doos. they seem to have the most trouble.

I have a speed runner a 2 seater 1300gpr and a family 4 seater "boat" a 99 SUV. they are hard to come by, but pull skiers and we have fun. we live an hour from the lake. no problem for us

8. povol

povol Well-Known Member

Yamaha, end of discussion. By far the best best PWC on the market.

9. vnvbandit

vnvbandit Well-Known Member

If you buy one, the fun will last about a week then it'll just sit in the back yard.

10. tony 340

I'm 5 minutes from lake erie. I could also tie up at my folks house they live on a canal off the water. I'm thinking it would get filthy leaving it in the water.

Only bummer is I have a pool and parties all summer so I'm questioning how much ill actually ride it after the first summer.

11. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

Buy used, buy cheap. that is what I did last summer. I am waiting on it to warm up enough to go get wet again.

I bought one for $1500, then another, bigger, faster, then sold the first and bought the SUV for the fam while I speed off with my cousin. mine will do 65, his will do 75, the SUV will do about 50.

The fun all depends on your company you are with and what you want to do. With the SUV we can pull a tube, kneeboard, or waterski.

We cant do any of that with the 2 seater. even though it is powerful enough to do it, the boating laws of the state will not allow you to tow more than the capacity of the ski.

Seems kind of stupid if you have a 3 seater not to be able to tow 2 kids with 2 on the tube, but it is illegale to do so here. make sure you get one big enough for what you want to do.
    unless you are just after speed with no passengers, stay away from 2 seaters.

Find info on everything at greenhulk.com

12. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

This!!!

13. gpstar748

gpstar748 Well-Known Member

whatever you do...never ever ride one to the Bahamas without extra fuel.

on second thought, just never ride one. they suck

14. RxRC

RxRC Well-Known Member

There are no seats on a Jet Ski.

15. tony 340

I haven't seen a standup in a long time around here

16. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

WRONG:Poke::D

Jet Ski is a brand of watercraft by Kawasaki. There are both sit down and stand up models of Jet Ski:p

17. RxRC

RxRC Well-Known Member

Okay Fencer. I meant a real Jet Ski. The kind a man would ride. :Poke:

[​IMG]

18. Scott47

Scott47 Well-Known Member

I agree. they get old quick

19. rraiderr

rraiderr Ron Jermey Jr

I raced them way back in the day when Jeff Jacobs ruled the land.

They were fun at the time but if you don't live on water it can really suck.

The old stand up Jets Skis are much like motocross bikes on water. The sit down ones are like a couch on the water.

Once modified you can figure on wrench time every time you ride them.

20. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

I think I rode my first stand up one when I 8 back in the 70s in the Gulf of Mexico:Poke::D

I don't think sit downs came around for many more years