1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

School me on investing...

Discussion in 'General' started by noles19, Nov 8, 2017.

1. prm

prm Well-Known Member

276 pgs. Have not read them all.
    I have a 401k from a previous employer and want to move out from their account (Voya ) it to an IRA (no 401k with current employer). Anyone dealt with Fischer Investments?

2. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

Those Fischer fucks will never stop calling you once they have your phone number.

No clue if they are any good.

3. prm

prm Well-Known Member

Ha ha, that is a fact. :crackup: But I initiated the contact so I can’t complain too much.

4. BigBird

BigBird blah

5. OfcMav254

OfcMav254 New Member

Just received a nice mailer from them today strange enough. I would offer a few recommendations, to me, I would not go with them. I would find someone local to your area that you can engage with in person. Don't look for someone cheap to manage, if someone is going to manage, look for the best. I on the other hand took the opposite of my own advice and manage my and my wifes IRA's/backdoor IRA, and cash investments. I figure, why should I give a percentage of my profits to someone when I can manage myself with the ease of technology and a little bit of weekly stock market maintenance. That also turned into a day trading Futures contracts as a side hustle on top of my day job and here we are ha.

6. BigBird

BigBird blah

7. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

I would move it to Fidelity or Schwab or even eTrade and then you can manage it as an IRA to your choosing (ETF, Index funds, DJIA Funds, etc.) and not have to deal with Fischer.

auminer likes this.
  8. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

x1000

9. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

:mad::mad::mad:

I guess I'ma continue to ̶t̶h̶r̶o̶w̶ ̶g̶o̶o̶d̶ ̶m̶o̶n̶e̶y̶ ̶a̶f̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶b̶a̶d̶ dollar cost average on WBD. I'm convinced that they're going to be acquired by this time next year.

10. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Yeah my avg is $12.30 ... today was pretty harsh.

11. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I put it on my watch list yesterday. Probably going to get some very soon.

13. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Fkn ASTR leadership wants to take them private....I hope they die in a fire. I'll be out over $4k. I was prepared to ride the last few hundy dollars of value into zero as there was still a slim chance they could get back into orbit and start seeing some share price increase. If they do this I hope they loose all their money, end up homeless and then get dick cancer.

14. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

today would be a good day

15. Tristan

Expect DIS to 10x, as I just unloaded mine after some very lackluster years.

BigBird likes this.
  16. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Breaking news! Disney acquired by Apple at 75% premium in blockbuster deal. :crackup::crackup:

17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

It's up today. Possibly a reaction to the deal beaten actors and studios? I'll wait a little more. I don't buy on up days. It's psychological.

18. Tristan

I hope Apple is smarter than that, but yeah- something like that wouldn't shock me. Sure wish I got out when it was $200, but still made a few bucks.

19. Tristan

No, it's called not being stupid

20. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Thanks in advance.