1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

School me on investing...

Discussion in 'General' started by noles19, Nov 8, 2017.

1. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

pretty much what Venom's answer implies. that's not even worth responding to. its childish. they can already garnish your wages forever, levy fines on you forever, freeze your accounts as is... and for anyone saying "starlink" and thinking that putting this control into the hands of a single for-profit megalomaniac is any better and that musk daddy wouldn't cut you off if you were popular enough and tweeted a meanie about him, you're also delusional for that as well. unless you're prepared to live like a vagabond criminal outside of society completely, you might as well resign yourself and the control you think you might have right now.

for a bunch of people that still think America is the land of the free, you should go to Lebanon. a lot more free-er there in your daily comings and goings (as long as you have an outside income). i barely saw a single cop, went thru a few checkpoints, but outside of that did pretty much whatever I wanted and you can drive wherever and however you want and everyone just kinda keeps on keeping on and its not a society of Karens all over the place tattling on each other. People in actual turmoil just enjoying themselves and their loved ones/friends and making the best of the situation while Americans perpetually look for ways to to be persecuted or victims of something all stressed out and working themselves to death.

and for a bunch of people who have "economic collapse/reset/libertarian/break the NWO fantasies", you should also go visit Lebanon for the flip side of that coin, and see what that actually looks like, where you can't use a credit card or sometimes get your money out of a bank cause the currency and banking system is collapsing, and rolling daily blackouts, and no public services, etc...

ya'll are ridiculous.

SteveThompson and BigBird like this.
  2. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Not if you're self employed.

3. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Exactly.

You sure got a purty mouth, I like it when you talk like this.

4. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

[​IMG]

Someone steal your login? :D

Sweatypants likes this.
  5. COOP 1

COOP 1 Well-Known Member

reynolds-brought-in-the-actor-who-delivered-the-infamous-_purdy-mouth_-line-photo-u1.jpeg

Boman Forklift likes this.
  6. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

7. auminer

There is pretty much no such thing.

8. Sweatypants

good luck, unless you only accept cash or barter. never wanna buy a house. never have to rent from anyone not a mom & pop. never want to buy a new vehicle. and then good luck on not getting audited if you DO get into official stuff that doesn't match your recorded livelihood.

i knew somebody that unintentionally lived like this until well into his 30's just cause it fit what he wanted. used cars, cash jobs, rent houses from individuals we knew. he had his fun and lived just fine. then came that first "i want a new sportbike purchase." 22% interest on that bad boy with his shit ass non-existent credit. i knew another dude who lived like a king like that, until he had to get his uncle to co-sign him buying a house at 40 years old cause his "official" income was like $35k and nobody would give him a loan even with $150k in the bank.

have fun, but that's not a easy life unless you're independently wealthy already.

9. Banditracer

Well I'm 60 years old, house is less than 2 years from being paid off, shop is paid for. Never have any intention of renting anything from anybody. Have never bought a new vehicle other than bikes, don't drive enough to begin to justify it. I'm perfectly fine doing cash and the barter system when the electronic money gets froze while you guys that love your debit card will be standing there with your hand on your ass. I have no faith that the banks or gov't will ever do anything remotely honest as far as watching out for us peons when shit hits the fan

BigBird likes this.
  10. Sweatypants

[​IMG]

11. auminer

Up 5.53% today between the accounts I still manage.

Three more days like today & I'll be Back In Black for the year.

#silversqueeze

12. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

13. Banditracer

14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Just wait for another perfectly rational explanation that you dinosaurs can't possibly comprehend.

BigBird and Banditracer like this.
  15. Venom51

One man's big giant mega bank is another man's big giant crypto exchange.

16. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

Sigh….. you can’t hack bitcoins blockchain. You CAN hack an exchange. Which is why cold storage matters. Fuckin hell.

17. auminer

Back to investing, not gambling.

Nobody gambles on baseball, Baby. (Ruth)

o_O

[​IMG]

BigBird likes this.
  18. Venom51

Sigh..tress....meet forest...

If it involves human written code it is indeed hackable. Whether it is practical to do so ina time frame that would be useful that's another story.

BigBird likes this.
  19. Sweatypants

real talk, (hypothetically cause I can barely code Hello World)... how DOES somebody actually wash stolen bitcoins? I mean outside of the fact that you may not be able to enforce laws against them in some countries because police might not give a fuck (or recognize bitcoin crimes in some Latvian bumfuck nowhere), but like, how do all these people keep getting away with stealing from exchanges? Won't it show up on the blockchain the minute they try to sell any of the stolen coins? And if it was large enough, like 10's of millions of dollars, wouldn't some unsavory sorts just send a hit squad out to kill your ass once they find you?

I seriously don't really understand how they're utilizing stolen bitcoins if the whole thing is like a ledger. Are there alt-coins that are truly anonymous? like if you sold those stolen bitcoins for some other coin, then another, then another, could you wash them enough times in other blockchains and/or some randomizer type blockchain that TRULY makes your trail disappear? And how would you ever get them into an actual bank account to turn them into any ACTUAL currency somewhere... USD, EUR, YEN, GBP, CAD, etc...? Even if it was a bank account setup with all types of fake IDs and SS numbers and shit, it could still get traced and flagged, no?

I get stealing $10k from 100 different vape kids where they don't have the money or resources or time to come find you, but stealing $50m from an exchange seems like... somebody would come rip your finger nails off and send them to your mom before killing you in a dank basement somewhere.

20. Venom51

Well he is right in that the fact that the way blockchain is designed makes it very hard if not almost computationally impossible to foil it. The problem arises from exchanges or the middle men converting between forms of crypto or converting them to actual fiat currency. My guess is the numbers are large enough to make the "mostly criminal" endeavors using crypto to make repeated attempts to steal it.