School me on investing...

Discussion in 'General' started by noles19, Nov 8, 2017.

1. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

only down 8%??? that's a normal day for BABA

2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

It was closer to 10% when I posted. :)

But to be serious, I've been watching it every day for a few years, as I owned some. 8% is a big move.

3. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Sounds pretty negative https://seekingalpha.com/article/4494053-bad-news-for-alibaba-investors

adjusting BABA's revenue for these 19 additional days means that BABA's revenue declined organically by CNY 20 billion (10%).

On SEC filings, BABA reports declining revenue from its China Commerce segment, its largest business line, which explains CNY 1.5 billion out of the above-mentioned CNY 20 billion organic decline.

HPPT likes this.
  4. Montoya

Montoya Well-Known Member

Anyone watching ‘Gaming Wall St’ on HBO? Only a few episodes in and most of it is fairly, or I would hope, common knowledge for active swing traders… but it’s a great review of the WSB craze and how the whole game is… well… not necessarily fair.

BigBird likes this.
  5. Tristan

So Papa, what's your buy in number for BABA? I need to do some DCA...

6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I actually put in an order at $91.50 yesterday but @Boman Forklift freaked me out a little bit with his article and I canceled the order before the price got there again.

Nothing particularly insightful about $91.50. It's just that my trading platform for some reason I will not let me place an order on BABA without specifying a price and it was around that price when decided to buy some.

7. Tristan

Probably for the best, just read the article and it was pretty bleak.

8. Tristan

On the more conservative side- I had an order in a few days ago for more DFS at $100. Only got down to $100.07, now back up to $107. Wish I had bought a bunch more at the $40 pandemic level...

(bottom was $28, I got in at $40)

9. Boman Forklift

Well it's down to 87.xx right now so that saved you a little. Once I read what I posted, it scared me from putting anything into it. I haven't bought individual stocks in a long time, just buying S&P 500 and a couple mutual funds anymore.

10. Boman Forklift

Did you end up getting any Rivian at $40? Sounds like the experts are still expecting it to do well, its at 38.19 now.

11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I posted at some point this winter that I was waiting for $25. It's on its way there. :)

12. Tristan

Yep, got 10 @ $40. Waiting patiently...

Boman Forklift likes this.
  13. Tristan

I was gonna ask if that was just a joke or if you might actually buy at $25... it could easily happen.

14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

It was a joke at the time, in response to someone who was excited to have an opportunity to get it at $50.

15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

DOCU has been dropping nicely in the post-COVID world.

16. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

So has BAND ... just wondering how much lower it'll go before I buy some.

upload_2022-3-11_13-44-43.png

17. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

i hate looking at my account now as its sooo in the dump and i pretty much dont have money to buy

18. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

Probably for the best. Cuz it’s nowhere near bottoming out.

19. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

What are you basing that on?

MELK-MAN likes this.
  20. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

how dare you question his expertise... :)