1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

School me on investing...

Discussion in 'General' started by noles19, Nov 8, 2017.

1. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Hahahaha I should show you my RIVN and GME buys in the past couple months. Just unbelievable carnage. I have no idea how I can be this bad at something. It ain't right!

2. BigBird

BigBird blah

You probably started one week too early. If you came in now....buy the dip..lol

3. BigBird

BigBird blah

I bought a few RIVN at $79...was like that's a deal...and here we are at $61 today

Sweatypants likes this.
  4. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

just got to wait it out. it does suck looking at it plummet and im done buying the dip.....i think

5. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Its carnage everywhere right now. My electric car stocks are being pummeled...RIVN, RIDE, LUCID. But the gubmint will keep shovin these down our throat so they will come back.

Rico888 likes this.
  6. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Ya my LUCID and TSLA are way down too... and agree they will come back eventually.

7. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Good time to dollar cost average down and buy some more. :D

Trainwreck and motion like this.
  8. Montoya

Montoya Well-Known Member

So Peloton…

9. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

I knew peloton would fail miserably from the day they came out. The prices they were charging for a fucking exercise bike with an iPad on it were outrageous. I could get a used bike on Facebook for 100 bucks and throw my iPad on it o_O on top of that they had these expensive ass storefronts that NO ONE came to.

like who the fuck saw that and said “that sounds like a billion dollar company! Let me finance your idea!” I’d be drowning myself in hookers and cocaine while the ship sank if I was that guy. I’d imagine the urge to blow his own brains out is strong right now.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2022
    aaronson and jrsamples like this.
  10. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

I don't know, some guy was saying that bitcoin was going to be a million per and worth more than the collective wealth of the entire universe. :crackup: Bike with an ipad on it doesn't sound so bad in comparison

11. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

I got a kick out of the $300 knock offs on amazon

britx303 likes this.
  12. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

I still believe it will. It’ll take 5-10 years but it will. The next halving will take place in 2024. The price will surge when it does. I’m not afraid of being made fun of. Have at it.

I do like ether more than btc though

Last edited: Jan 21, 2022
    sanee likes this.
  13. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

The hook was the interactivity and guaranteed RMR, which investors love.

14. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

walmart is selling them for 400 bucks in store

15. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

AMZN @ ~ 52 week low. Today was #3 loser back to 2013 IIRC.

Spring will most likely regulate coof becoming a cold or flu bug. Bet big, call the bottom, and load up on AMZN. Even if the economy goes to shit, it is the place where peeps will still be spending money.

BigBird likes this.
  16. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

I set this money afire symbolically when I sent it to my PayPal account. Anything that happens from here on out is lotto lucky.

17. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

I don't believe crypto is even close to being done. Not even close. I'm enjoying seeing it sink, it's allowing me to get more ETH and BTC.

sanee likes this.
  18. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Buy crypto, they said. You'll get rich quick, they said.

JFC this is an ass whoopin'.

Even with the crypto-crash, though, the investments that I still manage are only down 0.24% on the week. Without crypto I'd be up which ain't bad considering a drop of 5.61 on the S&P500.

That's probably better than the guy I'm paying to manage the rest did.

This still friggin blows, though. :mad:

[​IMG]

jd41 likes this.
  19. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

I’m down $4k this week on this bullshit. But I’m holding and don’t give a fuck anymore. I moved the app on my phone so it’s more difficult to check every two seconds. I’ll hold until it’s gone or I can profit from it.

BigBird likes this.
  20. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

Just bought more eth with the last bit of cash i had in the account. As much as i believe in this its still a weird feeling when youre down 50@ from the all time high. Half is a big number.

R1Racer99 likes this.