1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

School me on hot tubs

Discussion in 'General' started by shakazulu12, Jan 3, 2020.

1. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

All right, the Beeb never fails except when it comes to figuring out how to get Toe' laid. I figure at least one of you works at a hot tub dealership. Want a small one for behind my townhouse, I can get a 220 line out there easily enough. Main thing I need to know is which brands to look for. I know Hot Springs just from reputation is supposed to be awesome, but that's the extent of my knowledge. What are the other brands I need to be looking in to or should be avoiding at all costs?

2. StanTheMan

StanTheMan Well-Known Member

We've got an 8-person model from Hot Springs. It's probably nearly 20 years old, but still works like a champ. Paying more up front is better than paying for service all the time. Our neighbors bought an off-brand during one of those "fairground blowout sales" and every time they need service it's been a nightmare for them. Buy a name brand from a reputable local dealer. You'll be glad you did.

Senna likes this.
  3. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Bullfrog

/thread

4. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I was definitely heading towards name brand. I just don't know what the major players are. I always thought Hot Springs were the best and seems like there are tons of stories of people with really old ones that are still functioning. But I'm sure there are some other quality ones out there I am not aware of.

5. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

Bullfrog

6. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Don't invite Mongo over. It's fine when he's in there but
    once he gets out you'll find yourself belly button deep.

7. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

dad had a hot springs. Same deal. 18-20 years with no real issues besides a top being replaced.

8. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

You know what I love about doing hot tub installs?

Going back 5 years later to disconnect it for the craigslist buyer to take it away. :D

9. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

Pseudomonas aeruginosa

sharkattack likes this.
  10. ChemGuy

I already said that!!

:D

11. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

Where are you located? I have a 3 person one i need to get rid of.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

12. ChemGuy

@pickled egg got another one for ya....:D

TurboBlew likes this.
  13. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Has anyone tried an inflatable 2 person variety? 110V preferably.

14. ChemGuy

wait. Are we still talking about hot tubs...or.....didnt know there was a 2 person variety...

motion likes this.
  15. mastermind

mastermind camping in turn 2....

We have a Caldera and love it. The Hot Springs are supposed to be awesome too.

t

16. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

Already disconnected.[emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

17. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

Its about the only thing to get a woman in a bikini in winter, that's about all i know.

18. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Fizzler knows his way around an electron or two, he ain’t gonna need me to figger out how to turn off a breaker ;)

CRA_Fizzer likes this.
  19. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

You’re doing it wrong.

;)

20. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Apple Pucker will do it too.

Though I guess people frown upon finding bikini bottoms and empty bottles floating in their hot tubs, because that was the last time aunt Phyllis asked me to house sit.