1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

School me in property in the Bahamas

Discussion in 'General' started by notbostrom, Jul 24, 2022.

1. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Have they divided up and colonized Marsh Harbor since all the locals had their homes obliterated?

2. joec

joec brace yourself

i know a woman in belize whos lived there 20 years. her local cable tv service has all commercials for places in dallas. dallas local news. etc. and theres only one guy in the neighborhood who does the "installs". lol

3. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

How is that different from Florida?

4. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

I'm not a Florida Man, so I don't know.

But yes, I do see why you say that.

ducnut likes this.
  5. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Cuba is a absolute shit hole right now according to friends that just traveled there

6. GarrettRick

GarrettRick Well-Known Member

My family has had a condo in paradise island (Nassau) since mid 90s . As I’ve gotten older I’ve become a “part” of the ownership process ... that being said , it’s like Florida. Work is a pain in the ass to get done , it’s slow , nobody cares, etc ...
    covid in bahamas was ridic , but otherwise we love it . We go several times a year and rent out when we’re not there . My moms there right now for about 6 weeks. It’s gets boring unless you are ok with drinking and or fishing all day . Lots of tricky regulations with importing vehicles , etc . Prices for food and goods are sky high , but that water .....mm mm good

also , service of any kind sucks ...you’re on island time. Be aware that they live slower

7. hotnail

hotnail Well-Known Member

We spent a week or so on Little Exuma last summer. From my estimations, the Exumas is the most beautiful place in the world….best vacation of my life. Probably the biggest downside there is that there is virtually no viable medical care if the shit hits the fan. Even with that, it doesn’t seem to be slowing down home construction.

8. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

Nassau service is pre
    American mentality, vacation from some one that lives here accidents come but they are not a plan of normal life. When the shit hits the fan its a life flight

9. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Yep, my 3 years in the Keys was great but other than my job, all I did was drink or fish. And I was in my 20's at the time. When I went back last year it was great for a week but I couldn't imagine myself doing it year round. It was my dream 40 years ago to get a place there, but now that I could financially do that I no longer have the desire.

ducnut likes this.
  10. Captain Morgan

I would run away smoke coming off my ass of owning/buying anything Nassau/ Grand Bahama/ Abacos, Bimini. Eleuthera is a really cool island. But the question still remains why the Bahamas???? Its east access to the US but if you realter bang for your dollar there are way better places than the Bahamas. Unless, fishing, diving, spearfishing, and living slow is your thing its hard to beat. Been a crazy season this year, caught my blue marlin, crazy wahoo, kiteboarding, efoiling, dove a lot of walls, there is a majic in the out island Bahamas but I'm living on someone elses dollar and dream

11. Raceless man

Raceless man Well-Known Member

Nice place to visit...you know the rest

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Billy Ethridge is still loving the DR.

13. Captain Morgan

The Bahamas has better reefs for diving. Small islands so no matter what the wind is doing you can hide or fish/dive offshore wind conditions. But I love the DR, and a much better property/ house deal than then Bahamas, in reality it's cut in 1/2 to 70% lower if you are outside of the tourist towns

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

If I was that into diving I'd live DR and just do trips to the other islands :D

15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

:crackup::crackup::crackup:
    I saw that picture they posted on Sunday. You would float like a beignet!

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

True. Lots of lead :D

17. Captain Morgan

Doesn't
    Doesn't really work like that and be easy in the Caribbean with out it being an expensive pain in the ass

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Steal a boat, go dive :D

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Seriously though, it's kind of an expensive pain in the ass to do it from the mainland US anyway.

20. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Correctified.

:D