1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scam Y/N

Discussion in 'General' started by knedragon29, Jul 30, 2005.

1. knedragon29

knedragon29 Well-Known Member

Have a guy intrested in buying some parts and he sends a check from Qchex.On top of the check it reads:

IMPORTANT NOTE REGARDING THIS CHECK!
    This check was created and delivered to you on order of a third party using the Qchex.com Service.Qcex.com is not a financial institution and cannot validate whether the check was duly authorized by the payor(bank account holder)mentioned on the check and whether it will clear.If you are uncertain regarding this check please contact the payor's bank or the payor directly and confirm authenticity befroe depostiong this check.

VALIDATION NOTE
    You may validate that this check was created on the Qcex.com system.Please sign in at www.qchex.com click on the receive tab and then on the verify qcex tracking code submenu item

General
    Please avoid deposting or cashing checks which appear unreasonable or lack justification.You may be subject to charge back fees and possibly liable for damages

For more information on safe check acceptance pratices please contact your financial institution.

He paid the right amount and hes not looking for money back.Question is Scam or no Scam??

Last edited: Jul 30, 2005
  2. 3wfab

3wfab Mr. Tsongas to you..

I think it seems funny...besides, the link you gave bogus-

:down:

3. knedragon29

my bad,typo on the link!
    In the Authorized Signature area,reads as follows:

Signature not required:Payable to bearer
    Your depositor has authorized this payment to payee.
    Payee to hold you harmless for payment of this document
    This document shall be deposited only to the credit of payee.

I haven't had the chance to get to the bank and askk about it.I'm thinking Scam as well.

4. knedragon29

Thanks Slow,
    Figured as much.Never sold anything over the internet without the buyer being at least curious as to what I was selling.Like condition of it,pics etc..