1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SBK Shootout on TV: John Ulrich Does it Again

Discussion in 'General' started by ekraft84, Apr 2, 2014.

1. gpz11

gpz11 Well-Known Member

I've got Directv and Mavtv but when doing a search for Superbike, nothing shows up.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No - tape delay. We'll do a thread with the times once we've got them.

3. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

Any updates on when they are showing it? Nothing on MavTV website.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not yet. Like I said, it'll be a big deal once we all have dates - it'll be on here and RRW for sure.

5. Evolution247

Evolution247 Well-Known Member

Bummer. I was super pumped to watch the races this weekend, only to find out that it's not happening (live). Hopefully they post it up sooner rather than later. :bow:

6. John29

John29 Road racing since 1973

Sorry, but to be honest we couldn't come up with the money for live TV in the amount of time we had to work with, and had to go for taking the video back to the studio, editing it, dubbing it, etc. with a delayed broadcast. Nothing seems easy or simple when TV is involved.

If you want full-on live, jump in your truck or on your bike, head to Fontana and watch them actually live, at the track! Or better yet, bring your racebike and race at Fontana!

Also asked the broadcaster to pin down the exact date and time of the first race being broadcast and we are awaiting that information. We asked for all races to be shown on same day, same time to make them easier to find.

7. John29

Same day as in, each show being on the same day of the week, at the same time of day.

8. Evolution247

Thanks for the update. I'm planning to be at the Sonoma event (hopefully with race bikes ready to go). Should be fun. I'm just ecstatic to have events like these.

9. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

I do not think races should ever be broadcasted Live for a serious domestic championship, as it adds to the numbers off people not showing up to watch the racing live like the good old days. Delayed TV still gives promotion to the sponsors involved to put the show on.

10. Evolution247

I hear what you're saying, as a person who can't make the event, it would be great to see it live (or at a date that isn't too far from the event date).

11. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

This is accurate 100% of the time. It's comparable to dealing with multiple wedding planners and mothers of the bride all at once.

12. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

I understand the situation for people that cannot make it but cannot help thinking the gate revenue would be better without live broadcasting which in turn is healthier for the sport overall I think but possibly are wrong.

13. John29

247: Hope to see you and your racebike at Sonoma for the Arai Pacific Nationals, the second round of the GEICO Motorcycle Superbike Shootout Presented By Yamaha! Hosted by AFM!

14. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

You forgot to thank your crew chief...

;)

15. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

I'll be there racing my 400 and shooting for the Stockton paper.

16. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

It's throwdown time in F50 Craig. Yeehaw.

17. LukeLucky

LukeLucky Well-Known Member

JU if you happen to be checking this, if it hasn't already been mentioned, designating a hashtag for the series would be a great idea. Everyone can tag the pics starting this weekend and it helps everyone find pictures easily to spread the word. Something simple but unique is the way to go with these.

#SBKSO
    #SBKShooutout

Something like that.

18. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Probably should've sent those in a pm...

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The cool kids are over hashtags :D

20. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

Am I retro-cool if I never knew what they were to begin with?