1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Saw some Yamaha R3s for $4000

Discussion in 'General' started by Sean Jordan, Jun 3, 2017.

1. Sean Jordan

Sean Jordan Well-Known Member

Loudoun Motorsports in Leesburg, Va is going out of business at the end of the month. They have 3-4 brand new R3s in the showroom for $4000. Seemed like a good deal, thought I'd share it. (Apologies in advance if this runs afoul of a posting rule!)

2. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Man, that place has been around forever.......sad to see them go.

3. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

Wasn't there when I lived there.

4. Sean Jordan

Apparently some jeweler made an offer to LMS for their building and they took it. They looked around Leesburg for somewhere else to run the shop and said to hell with it. Voell is going to be a gentleman farmer now or something like that.

5. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Yea I may be confusing them with Coleman, it's been 20 years since I lived there.

6. Sean Jordan

Coleman's is in Falls Church. To the best of my knowledge, they are still there. LMS has been around for awhile, though - they opened in '97.

7. Dits

Did you go to LCHS?

8. Sean Jordan

PVHS

Dits likes this.
  9. grady anderson

grady anderson Well-Known Member

Coleman has been around since the 60s originally Cycles, Inc in Arlington
    Loudoun Motorsports has been in business for 20 years so you just missed them
    Greg opened up in the building on Catoctin Circle the used to be Hall's Honda. Now a BBQ place
    He bought the building that used to be Southern States. Seemed inevitable to me that the real estate would become too valuable to be a motorcycle shop
    Greg is a stand up guy, one of the nicest I know. He gave me the deal of a lifetime on a "smoke damaged" SV after their fire and that got me into racing.
    I wish him the best
    And yeah that is a good deal on the R3

Last edited: Jun 3, 2017
  10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep, that's what I'm hearing. Got as much for the building/land as he was thinking he could get for everything so he said screw it I'm out :D

11. Dits

That's something I remember.

12. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Nope, beat feet out of Uniontown Ohio after hs and landed in Accokeek MD . spent all my $$ at Clinton cycles in fort Washington.

13. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

Lot better price than the goofball up here trying to sell his 2015 R3 for $6500.:crackup:

14. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

Wow. Stock or superbikey?

15. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

Canadian dealers have them listed for $3,999 right now which is roughly $2,900 in Murican.

I just picked one up, very fun little street bike, just don't expect much when you pull the lever on the right bar - only glaring issue with an otherwise fantastic bike.

16. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

Stock street bike.