1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Saved a life today.

Discussion in 'General' started by Gorilla George, Jan 12, 2014.

1. Lora picked him up today. :clap:

The shelter contacted Lora and told her about him, because the family had contacted the shelter about bringing him in. The really sad part is that the redneck ass family had decided not to bring him to the shelter after all. Their house was being repo'ed and they were moving to a small apartment and didnt want to take him. But they told Lora they were going to take him out to the back of the farm, shoot him and bury him. They werent even going to give him a chance. :(

After meeting him and seeing how sweet he was and stuff, we just couldnt let that happen. We had no intentions of getting another dog, but we couldnt let him be killed like that.

We think he is about 3 years old. He is a Great Pyrenees, at least mostly. Not sure if he is full blooded or not, but it doesn't matter. He is so cool.

He came in and made himself at home. :D

[​IMG]

Lora spent a long time trying to get the burs out of his fur and work all the knots out. It was so matted up. But this was after feeding him and she said he was absolutely starving. Needless to say, he has been neglected. She had to give him 3 seperate baths.

[​IMG]

She said he seems so happy, even with all the new surroundings and stuff. It is like he isnt used to getting so much attention. We were mostly worried about Caesar, because he has always been an only child and is right beside us 24/7, getting all of the attention. But she said they are getting along ok.

2. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

That dog has some English Setter in him too. Let him dry and take a slicker brush to him for the burs. Cut the matted parts out.

3. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

Chris, you are a good guy! And you guys got a good dog!
    AWESOME STORY and PICS!
    :cool::cool::clap::clap::clap::cool::cool:

He's gonna be one happy doggy
    :)

4. HFD1Motorsports

HFD1Motorsports BIKE TUNA

That is king hair ball there! He will make a cool playmate for Caesar! For those that have not meet Caesar he is a BIG dog the two should be a good fit.

5. Thanks :beer:

We hope so. I know we will give me 100x the attention and affection he is used to. He ate 2 big bowls of food as soon as he got home. There is no telling when he was last fed. :(

He is really sweet. Lora just got woke up because Casper (which is what we are going to call him) was drinking some water and Caesar started barking at him. Which is funny, because Caesar wouldnt hurt a fly. He doesnt have a mean bone in his body. But he doesnt like strange noises in the night.

When Lora got up to see what was going on, Casper had went into the living room and was acting like he was scared or that he had messed up. Lora had to lead him back over to the water and let him know it is ok. She said it is like he is walking around on eggshells, not sure what is ok and what isnt. Like he is scared he is going to get in trouble. There is no telling what kind of life he has had up until now. I am glad we rescued him.

It will take a lil bit for them to get used to each other, but we think they will ultimately both be happier to have a friend. :)

I told Lora all we need is another Newfoundland like Caesar and we would have a walking Oreo cookie. :D

Last edited: Jan 12, 2014
  6. HFD1Motorsports

keep it at two... 3 and up and you have a pack then squabbles erupt more than you want

7. Good point. Not to mention the food bill. Caesar has to eat special food because of his allergies, so the food bill is pretty high already.

8. HFD1Motorsports

I had 2 then got Smokey my Huskey and the male bullador just tolerates him Clyde has issues with play vs fight

9. bajakirch

bajakirch ^Not what you think

When we had 3, all got along just fine. But I'd never go back to that. When we added the third dog, the costs of dog ownership seemed to rise exponentially.

10. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

He really looks like a purebred Great Pyrenees. They are incredible dogs and fantastic with children. Maybe a therapy dog? Good on you and Lora for rescuing him. I look forward to meeting him soon.

11. Riders Discount

Riders Discount 866-931-6644 ext 817

Nice work Chris and Lora! Good looking pup!

12. njracer

njracer Well-Known Member

Good job kiddo!

13. Thanks Rick. We are pretty happy about it. We feel like we did a good thing.

They said he is a Great Pyrenees, but they didnt give us any papers or anything.

Lora said he is really good with kids. She took this picture when she went to meet him a few days ago. There were several people there and he spent most of the time sitting beside this baby.

[​IMG]

14. Dogs > people. You're a solid dude. Congratulations.

15. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

Great stuff Chris. We have the Animal love thing bad here at our house: our blue pit Levi, Ori our golden, max our outside Chi, Cindy our long-haired indoor chi (princess), and our new pug, Ralph. Plus 2 cats.
    We found many of our herd thru situations such as yours but can't ignore.

You are good people to understand all creatures great and small.

16. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

Cool, big dogs rule cause you don't have to bend down to pet them.

David

17. Phoenix

Phoenix Well-Known Member

Shame on the original owners...they should be prosecuted.

Good for you and your family!

18. I was wondering about that. Is there a law against it? I mean, if we hadnt rescued him and they did that, could they get in trouble?

When she said that, the more i thought about it the madder i got. I was like "hell no...we arent letting that happen". He is such a sweet dog. He was really neglected, so i can see them walking outside and walking him to the back of the farm, and him being all excited, thinking they are finally going to play with him. Then they put a gun to his head.

Makes me want to beat somebody's ass.

I mean, we all know dogs are put down every day all over the country. But i told Lora i would never be able to forgive myself if we didnt get him, and he was killed like that...knowing I could have prevented it.

19. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Chris, BIG props to you and Lora. Y'all are good folks!

20. rwood64083

rwood64083 Gifted as in 'DUHHHH'

The older I get the more I dislike people. Especially the ones that are cruel to animals that are so loyal.

[​IMG]

^^^ I'd use stronger smileys but don't know what the limit is before getting banned.

Glad it worked out and you and Lora have the new addition. Try not to think about the 'what ifs'. They'll eat you up. I know, you and I share the same mindset.