1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Safety wiring

Discussion in 'Tech' started by armal750, Apr 22, 2003.

1. armal750

armal750 No.1 Backmarker

I need to safety wire my Gixxer 750 according to WERA rules ASAP. Does anybody know of a place nearby that will do it for me? Or is there a kit I can buy? Or do I just need to take 100 years and attempt it on my own? :rolleyes:

Thanks,
    Kris-

:Poke:

2. limy_1

limy_1 Crash Starter

Learn the layout of your bike and do it yourself.:eek:
    Get use to it, any work you do to the bike will result in re wiring it.

The "Kit" you need is a drill with lots of little bits, ss wire & the twist pliers. A six pack is also a nice addition to the "Kit" but wait until your done wiring so you don't miss something.:beer:

There are quite a few racers in SE Michigan, I'm sure you can hook up with one or two for pointers & partners for racing.

3. armal750

armal750 No.1 Backmarker

Well............ I can do it myself, but if someone can do it quicker then I will pay for it to get done. I know my bike inside and out and I have rebuilt the little guy many times. I just dont want to take the time to do it myself...... Hahaha!

But I thank you for the words.

Later,
    Kris-
    :beer:

4. Novice732

Novice732 Well-Known Member

The shop I talked to here in Maryland didn't exactly jump at the chance to do it. I think it's also time consuming for them and they had a pretty full plate already. I think I heard him curse under his breath when I mentioned "wired to WERA specs". I guess he was hoping for CCS...
    I went ahead and did it myself after taking a good look at my bike and at the WERA tech form and rulebook, and realized it wasn't as bad as I first thought.
    I just went through a bunch of bits before I started getting a good technique.
    Scott

5. Novice732

Novice732 Well-Known Member

I forgot to mention that Yoyodyne sells predrilled titanium nuts and bolts, but they are about $10 each. Do the math.

Scott

6. armal750

armal750 No.1 Backmarker

Hahahahaha!

Thanks man!

:clap:

7. stickman

stickman crash free since 5/6/07

It seems like more of a pain than it really is. I dreaded doing it, but once I got going it really didn't take that long. Just use cobalt bits and once they get dull, toss it and use a new one. It does go pretty fast.