1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S1000rr....wow!

Discussion in 'General' started by Chip, Apr 21, 2010.

1. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

Do you know something we don't?

:D

2. pant pant slobber

.... I get a day on one at Barber, June 7 at the CSBS. :)

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Nope. I'm stupid. durrrrrr.

4. Go to the YouTube thread for a dyno on Gixxer v BMW 1000S - just sayin'

5. sch2046

sch2046 Well-Known Member

What was the round light on the dash for?

There is a round light on the dash that was flickering, what is that for, it couldnt be a shift light, it was coming on very early.......:confused:

6. EngineNoO9

EngineNoO9 Well-Known Member

wtf was Nate running in B group or something. He was passing everyone like they were standing still.

7. wingnutks

wingnutks Well-Known Member

I think the average time for advanced group at that track is probably 1:35s. And on the straights, there was not a bike there that could come close to touching it.

8. Havoc

Havoc Well-Known Member

One of my guys picked up the bmw,Has about 1,500 miles or so.We put on the dyno at chronic motorsports and she layed down 185 ish whp! Bike is a beast!
    My 08RR With full akra tune,Only layed down 163whp.. over 20 whp more..I cant wait to ride it..;) We went for a night run gps read 191mph for the bmw, My RR 179mph ish..Bike is fast walked me like im on a 600 bike is fast! fast! fast!

Last edited: Apr 30, 2010
  9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

This is wild sh@t when you sit and think about it. I had a worked FZR1000 motor in an OWO1 frame and I think it may have put out 135 at the rear. The thing ate spark plugs and rear tires like a fat kid tears through donuts. It had a power delivery about as subtle as an Ex kicking you dead square in the nuts. Now, you can walk into a BWM dealership and get a bike that would put fully developed racebikes from 3 years ago to shame.

Those who look back and think of the "good old days" are glueheads. The good old days are right f@ckin' NOW!

10. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

I totally agree. I was thinking last night about the next step for sportbikes. I mean, it's not like anyone really needs them to be faster. I think the next step is gonna be rider aids (traction contol, abs, etc.). I remember riding a 900RR in '93 or whenever and thinking "This is like the ultimate sportsbike.". Times they are a changin.

11. Havoc

Havoc Well-Known Member

:crackup: funny way of putting it..:up:

12. duggram

duggram Sunrise Bahia de LA

You can get the 173 page owner's manual here. Very entertaining. The local dealer let me take demo home last weekend. Wife likes it. Way too fast for the street. Lots to think about.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2010
  13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I remember how shocked I was when the GSXR 1000 came out in 2001. I couldn't believe it was that much stronger than the R1 and told JU that the bike tested had probably received special attention from Suzuki. So he tested another one, with the same shocking results. The BMW makes 40 more horsepower.

14. kiggy74

kiggy74 As useful as an...

That can't be a BMW. It's motor sounds too Japanese.

15. derby369

derby369 Well-Known Member

yup... and the R1 it trounced was "groundbreaking," as well...

16. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Can you imagine what Suzuki is working on the beat up on the BWM?

I thought the Aprilia was going to be the "it" bike but BMW stole the trophy and dropped a giant steamer right on everyone else's heads.

17. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

you really thought the 01 was "the" bike? I always like the Zx9 over it other than the FI.
    Still thought it was a turd comparitively speaking.

18. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

booosa motah! :D But even then it'd be shy of the beemer

19. 45° Please

45° Please Large Member

Didn't BMW have the top speed on a bike way back in the 30's?

First one to ~120MPH IIRC

20. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Hell if I know, my dad wasn't even a glint in my Grand Dad's eye in the 30's. :D