1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S-N-C

Discussion in 'General' started by NewRacer, Jan 25, 2001.

1. NewRacer

NewRacer Tina! Come get some ham!

Street-n-Comp if anyone on this list works there, please reply to me offlist. I am new to racing and SNC said that I would be supported but yet I can not order any parts, no return emails or calls....

Does any other company want to sell me some stuff at a racer discount? Not many items for a 99 R6

Brandon

2. WERA74

WERA74 Poser and proud of it!

Marietta Motorsports (1-800-fastlap)will take care of you, mate. Best selection of race goodies at the best prices. I deal with them all the time.

3. NewRacer

NewRacer Tina! Come get some ham!

Do they have a support program for newbies? I know I saw the owner on here (BBS) somewhere [​IMG]....So is that where most people buy their parts if the dont have a local dealership sponsoring them?????

I bought some stuff from them last year and it was a deal, but I was hoping to find even more of a discount from SNC throuhg this program. Will Marmo be about the same or better? [​IMG]

4. thiam1

thiam1 Guest

I buy stuff from a street-n-comp at the standard racer discounted price. They have rarely failed to get me something I needed.

5. Paul Wright

Paul Wright Well-Known Member

Well, I really don't have a clue what SNC's program is, so I can't comment on that, but I can assure you that you can get us on the phone, by fax, email, and we will get back with you whenever needed. But I won't turn this post into a sales pitch - you already did that for me - "I bought some stuff from them last year and it was a deal"
    Thanks for the kind words, and you too WERA74.

6. WERA74

WERA74 Poser and proud of it!

You are welcome, Mr. Wright. But I only calls it like I sees it. Marietta Motorsports has got to have the best selection of racer stuff I have seen in the 22 years that I've been playing with bikes. The staff are cool and always helpful. I am lucky enough to live near "Marmo". Going there is akin to Baskin & Robins. So many goodies...

7. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

But I can.

You will not go wrong using Marietta Motorsports as your primary resource for racing products and service. Face it, they have almost as many road racing National Championships as Tracee Polcin has posts on the WERA BBS. Two staff members are current road racers; the owner has had his share of success on the track as well.

Take a look at their web site at www.1888fastlap.com; or call them via the same number for product queries. The new catalog is about to be available; call and be put on their mailing list for it.

With discount programs, you sometimes get your $$'s worth. That seems to be the case with the other vendor. For reliable service and a chance to develop a relationship with a good vendor, call Marietta Motorsports.

8. thiam1

thiam1 Guest

I am a S-N-C regular because they're right around the corner and bring a truck to Loudon races. Prices are always competitive, and they're a true racer's outfit. Selection is ample, and if you get the right salesman, they are very knowledgeable. Overall, I have been pretty happy with them, but don't expect emails, or even phone calls. The salesman I deal with knows my ride and often recognizes my voice. But even that doesn't get me callbacks. So if they don't even know you, I say say keep calling, don't bother with messages.

My one experince with Marietta Motorsport was a very positive one. They were the first place I could find RC51 brake lines early in the season: they had a sample from Fastline. Dude asked me to hang on a minute, then came back and said, "yeah, we'll sell it to you." Anybody who looked for RC51 early in the season knows that was gesture was greatly appreciated.

[This message has been edited by thiam1 (edited 01-25-2001).]

9. TX racer

TX racer Well-Known Member

When I needed a helmet last year I called SNC and Marietta. SNC was only a about $25 cheaper after shipping and went w/ them cause I was sponsored by them, however, MM has always been a place for me to call and double check exactly how good my "racer discount" really is. And they at least send you catalogs when you ask!