1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

?s for triumphman

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by AHRMA872, Nov 15, 2002.

1. AHRMA872

AHRMA872 Well-Known Member

Tim,
    A couple of questions for the expert...

1)Do you think a 520 chain conversion is good move for the 750?

2a)What gearing do you run at NFMP and CMP on your 750?
    2b)What gearing do you run at Daytona on your 750?

Thanks for the oil filter tip. One is on the way.

Bob Hayes

2. triumphman

triumphman Well-Known Member

Bob, the 520 chain is the way to go.I have always run 520 with no problems.I always run a 21 tooth on the front and run 45 rear at NF AND 39 to 41 at Daytona depending on the wind. the wind at daytona is always a problem.You have a belt drive (Map) I think so you would be about 3 teeth larger on the rear if you have the same front.A 20 tooth front would put you about the same ratio.every rider will be diff with the gearing but it gives you a starting point. TIM

3. HBRnorth

HBRnorth Member

tim,let me start by saying thanx for all the help at north fla. with my newly revamped 750!i know how valuable time is on a race weekend ,especially with 2 bikes.between you ,chuck quensler ,my brother(872)and not forgetting knobby clark stopping by the pits,it was a great learning(and humbling)experience.the bikes running great thanx to a new ignition and will be road hopefully in dec. at a track day at nfla.its people like you and the others that make this sport great for beginners as well as veterans like my big(little)bro,thanks again you are "the triumph man!":) tom hayes875 73 tri750

4. YAM#849

YAM#849 y'all watch this...

If y'all pick a track day, let me know. I may go and test some rear suspension changes, and WERA33 said he might do some testing on the Bultaco to see why it's not revving out.

5. HBRnorth

HBRnorth Member

hey carl i think we are going to try your birthday dec 14 at nfmp .and i did not forget all the help from you and nigel either,thanks.oh i'll be bringing another shoulder to feast on so the only gassing won't be limited to the track!:D