1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rule Changes??

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by lizard84, Nov 5, 2003.

1. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

"As long as F-500 remains limited by year and cc's, I don't see ANY 4 strokes unseating the RD's as the best bike in the class. "

Your right about that, but just for fun I like to make them glance over their shoulder. I hope to be doing some F500 racing on a 4 stroke, its in the talking stages right now but looks good. Lets just say it will feel right at home with David's Honda:)

2. WERA33

WERA33 Well-Known Member

bout time somebody puy a 550 four on the track for f-500. gary smith has a nice one but didnt race this year. i bet someone could pick it up at a reasnoable price.

3. RZ Racer

RZ Racer It passed tech LAST time!

Re: 2 stroke bikes are harder to ride

No, but they are from the correct year and now we're talking about V3, not F-500. No one is trying to "protect" the poor helpless RD's. If you read my previous post I stated that I don't think anything with valves will unseat the RD's from their perch at the top of the F-500 food chain. The bottom line is that the GS is 5 years too new for the class. Period. I DO think that F-500, V3 and V4 are all very close in year requirments and cc limits and that spreading them out a bit would be a good idea, (just off the top of my head, move V3 to pre78, V4 to pre-81 and V5 to pre-85, keeping all displacement limits the same) but that will have to be a windmill for next years jousting.....Why does it always happen that all of the good arguments for rule changes come out of the woodwork AFTER we've already had the rule change meeting?!?:confused:

4. still novice

still novice Guest

Re: Re: 2 stroke bikes are harder to ride

Originally posted by rzracer39

No one is trying to "protect" the poor helpless RD's.

That was meant as a joke and I never thought I'd have explain that fact....

The bottom line is that the GS is 5 years too new for the class. Period.

Too new? As in there were major developments in its design? We're talking about late 60s technology ( CB, XS, XT,TT,SR) that was built well into the 80s and even 2004 in the motor of the GS500. 2003 Royal Enfield is just as good of fit into 350GP as GS450 or anything else of that era limited to 500cc.

I DO think that F-500, V3 and V4 are all very close in year requirments and cc limits and that spreading them out a bit would be a good idea, (just off the top of my head, move V3 to pre78, V4 to pre-81 and V5 to pre-85, keeping all displacement limits the same) but that will have to be a windmill for next years jousting.....Why does it always happen that all of the good arguments for rule changes come out of the woodwork AFTER we've already had the rule change meeting?!?:confused:

AMEN ! But we had this discussion last year too....During the season we're too busy racing,braking and rebuilding to think of these things...

5. lizard84

Not a 550 in my case, its a sweet little 400F that was making the Wera vintage rounds back in the late 80's. I beleive its really more like a 460 now and its been garaged for quite a while but I hope to race it in F500 for 2004. Still talking but I have my hopes up. I would think it will make near the same hp as my GS,If I were an RD, I'd be digging my claws into that perch:D

Bob:beer:

Last edited: Nov 15, 2003
  6. triumphman

triumphman Well-Known Member

I road gary's 550 and it would be a real contender in f-500 .Im still trying to get over that 100 fine for being to fast on it!!!!:)

7. evilhordewannabe

evilhordewannabe Well-Known Member

Two fast on a 4 stroke? I guess that was in the paddock? Or maybe the hot pit? As long as the 2 stroke guys stay on their bikes, and don't run out of gas, the 4 stroke guys will not win F-500....:Poke:

8. triumphman

Sounds like a good challenge there Bob. My money's on Bob

9. RZ Racer

RZ Racer It passed tech LAST time!

This could get interesting......:clap:

10. lizard84

Sounds like one to me:D

I hope I'm up to the challenge, what with my failing eyesight, high weight,frail body, 4 stroke power and overweight street based machine I'm just hoping to stay out of the fast guys way and enjoy the show in front of me from the best seat in the house...

See, its not even 2004 yet and I'm already in Mid-season sandbagging form :D

Bob :beer:

11. evilhordewannabe

:D WHEW GLAD YOU GUYS CAN TAKE A JOKE :beer:

12. lizard84

Sure we can!

Meat... :D

13. still novice

still novice Guest

sure we can....just look at the company we keep!:beer:

14. Smoky777

Smoky777 Well-Known Member

worthless reply

just a comment,

I can remember SMOKIN' the pack in F-500 on a 4-stroke single. An SR-540 it was. :p

Disclaimer:
    This was a few years ago, and, among other things, i was much younger then.

15. triumphman

thought this place would be rocking by now!!!!!!!

16. Wade Parish

Wade Parish North Central Hawker

'scuse me fellers, but I've got a couple of questions:

If the LWV6 thing happens, do you suppose the Honda Hawk will be allowed to be SB, or will it be restricted to SS?

Also, will it be run along with HWV6 and B SB experts? Sounds like some mighty fast dudes to be on the track with.

(Sorry if this has been asked and answered before. Don't make it over here to the vintage page much.)

Last edited: Nov 18, 2003
  17. evilhordewannabe

Yes it did Tim. Seems none of my 2 stroke brothers want to back me up on this one. And then I started thinking....since there are no Putnam rounds this year....:mad: ....I'll have to race Bob 32 times at Nelson, in his back yard. I don't think I want to provide any extra motivation. I would absolutely, have beaten him at Putnam next year. (Easy to say that now)

18. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Rules updates :clap: .

19. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

Is that it for rule changes? What about FZ-750's to V6? What about V6 MW - HW - LW split?

20. Steve Fahey

Steve Fahey I need a new avatar

Go to the "News" section on the Vintage site....not the rulebook.