1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ru$$ell still got it 26’s at Barber

Discussion in 'General' started by Robby-Bobby, Oct 7, 2019.

1. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

I follow Iconic and it was very cool.

doppio and ducnut like this.
  2. G2G

G2G I feel the need

Had a blast racing this weekend and it was just as fun hanging out with Mr. Daytona. He still has it for an "old man". RU$$ELL.jpg

3. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Damn he looks totally un-phased with your hand on his ass.

Gorilla George, turbulence and Phl218 like this.
  4. G2G

G2G I feel the need

I know ur jealous!

5. brex

brex Well-Known Member

The guy on the right side of the pic looks confused.

6. Linker48X

Linker48X Well-Known Member

Saw him win all his Daytonas, and was there the year he rode the Ducati and got pounded on the start. REALLY good to see him on the gas!

7. Smilodon

Smilodon Wannabe

Do you mean VR1000? Or did Russell race in the XR1200 "spec" class at some point? I don't remember that (but it doesn't mean it didn't happen). Last I remember him racing was at the Daytona 8 hour endurance race (with Gary Nixon!).

Living close to Daytona all my life, folks like Russell and DuHamel were a big part of my "cultural history". They feel a little like family, although they don't know me from Adam. I'm happy to see him happy riding again. I remember him being interviewed at the Chris Carter show the year he got hit on the Ducati. It was a very touching and honest interview and to see that accident the day after was pretty devastating.

ducnut likes this.
  8. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Yes, the XR1200 spec class. I don't recall how many times he raced.

Daytona 2011 results:

https://results.amasupercross.com/live/archives/rr/2011/01-daytona/xrr1ovr.pdf

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Getting to Scott right after he got hit was not a fun time for sure. Luckily he recognized me and could focus on me talking to him more than the rest of what was going on.

10. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

That second time he got ass packed at a Daytona start was definitely hard to watch. For as much success he had there, it sure tried it's damnest to kill him!

Rising and rd49 like this.
  11. bitchcakes

bitchcakes reluctant member

Scott Russell is a real strong cyclist both on the road and on the mountain. He wins mtb races regularly in the expert class. Long punishing races of the six hour variety.

rk97 likes this.
  12. KWyman133

KWyman133 Well-Known Member

To be fair to Scotty, the XR1200 he rode was not set up. No fork internals, nothing. Even in his commentary after he raced it he was saying that the bikes had no suspension adjustability and he couldn’t understand how we were going so quick on them (because he thought what he rode was what we were all on). Had he been on a properly set up bike he would have had a much better experience and would have given us a run.

G2G, MachineR1, Phl218 and 4 others like this.
  13. nlzmo400r

nlzmo400r Well-Known Member

I don't think they're quite that. The X85R chassis kit is like $3500. Obviously that doesn't include swinger, wheels, etc etc etc etc.

14. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

Which isn’t something you can just come back to for a few test rides and be at the pointy end of the results. I am most impressed with how consistently fast cyclists put in the work.

One of my friends (also a coworker now) has state, regional, and national championships (35-39 age group) in various cycling disciplines, and the dude is just a machine.

I ride and race for fitness and fun. He treats it like almost like a job. I think he actually had the genetics (definitely the determination) to go pro, but there’s no money in it

15. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

How can you have a 'chassis kit' that doesnt have a swingarm? Wouldn't that just be the frame?

16. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

Because the Panigale doesn't have a "chassis" stock. Everything bolts to the engine off a sub-frame. So the Pierobon chassis goes in there first. Then you have the option of re-using your stock swingarm, an extended WSBK swingarm, or their dual sided swingarm based on how deep your pockets are.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

ducnut, Phl218 and Gorilla George like this.
  17. Smilodon

Smilodon Wannabe

18. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Thats interesting! Thx for the info... build how your wallet allows lol

19. nlzmo400r

nlzmo400r Well-Known Member

Actually, I was way off in the cost anyway. Turns out the frame is 5650 Euro. The frame KIT which includes Frame, headstock inserts, rear subframe, fuel tank holder, footpegs, carbon airbox, air ducts and electronics holders is 9500 Euro.

20. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

Has anyone on here ever ridden one of the Pierobon creations? Just curious how much it changes the feel of the machine. I would think that with their experience, they could turn a Panigale into even more of a scalpel and with that big twin in there it would be grins all over.