1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RSV4 throttle body tricks??

Discussion in 'Tech' started by pjdoran, May 15, 2013.

1. pjdoran

pjdoran Well-Known Member

All knowing beeb I need a little help. Pulled RSV4 throttle bodies to service, managing not to break my oettiker clamps. Now attempting to muscle them back on, and the clamps keep sliding off the boots as the body passes through them.

Anyone have a black magic tip to get them secured?? There is no room to wrench on the clamps once down, and short of pulling the motor, I am clueless how to secure them.

2. dcemotorsports

dcemotorsports Well-Known Member

Do you have the Oetiker side crimping pliers? You may need new clamps as they are one time use if you don't release them correctly.

3. pjdoran

pjdoran Well-Known Member

I have clamps and the correct tool, but without removing the motor, there are of no use.

4. iceman017

iceman017 alive and kicking

silicone spray? astroglide? :D

5. emry

emry Can you count? 50 Fucking what?

It has Oetiker's cause you your are not supposed to remove them, with out removing the engine and replacing the clamp. Duh. If you can't replace them with a proper service style clamp (other OEM), your are going to drop the engine, get new Oetiker's and never touch them again.

Getting TB'sout of a clamped boot is easy, getting them back in..... I used to HATE Honda V motors. F#@%ING pain in the @$$ after the boots got a few years old. Hated that shit back in the 80's.....

But now I am curious, service what? Clean the swarf out? ( I haven't touched an RSV4 (thank goodness) so I really don't understand what would need to be serviced.)

Last edited: May 18, 2013
  6. SVbadguy

SVbadguy I survived the Mt Course

I pulled my rear TB off once to do a Bazzaz install. One of them I somehow managed to get back on, I think I used safety wire and needle nose pliers since I didn't have any helping hands. I used a screw type clamp for another.

I think VTR1000s might have the right size clamps. I was never able to get someone to get a measurement for me.

Last edited: May 18, 2013