1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RSV4 CF race bodywork painted

Discussion in 'Parts for Sale' started by michaelrc51, May 27, 2018.

1. michaelrc51

michaelrc51 Well-Known Member

I am selling this CF bodywork off of my 2012 Aprilia RSV4 APRC that I picked up a few months ago. I am a street/track day guy so I don't really need this bodywork. Supposedly these are real deal, sourced from a WSBK supplier and spent $8k on them. I don't know 100% if that's true but they are super thin, super lite, and have Carbon Kevlar in all the places that are mounting points or have screw holes, so maybe they are real deal.....
    They are in decent shape but there are a few places were the clear coat is messed up.
    1. It looks like some one put the clear coat on and added number decals when the clear coat was still wet, the when the numbers were peeled off some of the clear coat came with it.
    2. The rear section looks like someone cut the clear to get the numbers out.
    3. The guy I bought the motorcycle from drug the right hand belly pan. There is a small section, maybe 1/4" by 1/8" that is through the carbon. It's located right at the edge, underneath in the back part of the belly pan on the RH side.

It appears they are just one layer of CF and then a layer of FG underneath. It has recently come to my attention that that is how real deal super thin CF bodywork is. Is this true?

Here is a link to the thread on here from where I purchased the motorcycle a few months ago. The bodywork is just as pictured except for the imperfections I listed. These pictures were most likely taken from the original owner's for sale ad to the guy who I purchased it from.
    http://forums.13x.com/index.php?thr...-aprc-factory-track-bike.349957/#post-5261503

PM me with any questions or if you want current pics. I was having a hard time resizing a whole bunch of pics to load here but I can text any if interested. It's really a nice set with a few imperfections.

I'm selling the whole set with gas tank. It doesn't come with the fuel cap or fuel pump, just the tank itself and all of the bodywork. I honestly don't know how much to ask for it. I know CF bodywork isn't cheap, especially if this is actually WSBK stuff.

I'll ask $2k or Best Offer, including the tank.

Any questions or for pics PM me.

2. michaelrc51

michaelrc51 Well-Known Member

SOLD!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro