1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ROUND 01|Yamaha Finance Australian Round|22 - 24 FEB

Discussion in 'General' started by RossK6, Feb 21, 2019.

1. ShadowBoxer

ShadowBoxer Well-Known Member

Rea might have something to bitch about if the other Ducatis were blazing past him but that’s not the case. Sour grapes indeed...

5axis and rcarson15 like this.
  2. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

He's even complaining that the Duc is a V4 and has more mechanical traction.

3. ShadowBoxer

Maybe the Japanese manufactures should switch over to V4 production bikes? What’s that saying? If you can’t beat them....

turbulence likes this.
  4. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

No, they need to re-legalize the variable independent intake tracks from years ago which allowed them to cut cylinders during acceleration. This allowed the inlines to behave like a V4 under acceleration but switch to all cylinders to get the typical inline high RPM hit.

TX Joose and rcarson15 like this.
  5. Black89

Black89 Well-Known Member

The bikes sounded so nasty in that configuration. I think they should bring it back and let it trickle down to consumers.

6. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

And Suzuki went from a V4 MotoGP bike to an inline 4 and seem to be looking pretty good this year.

03RumbleBee and cav115 like this.
  7. Dan379

Dan379 Active Member

For Rea this should be flattery. A manufacturer who wants to win got serious, built a bike within the current rules and hired a mid pack GP rider to beat him........ by 14 seconds.

That Panigale under Bautista looked super loose, dancing everywhere. The one shot on TV, think it was on the straight from turn two to three during the superpole race and Bautista is trying to go up the inside of Rea, that bike is just doing whatever it can do to put the power down. Gorgeous. Bautista wanted it more then Rea, this weekend anyways.

ducnut, track wagon and TwiztidR6 like this.
  8. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Didn't seem to be an issue with the RSV4's

turbulence and ShadowBoxer like this.
  9. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

I think Rea is seeing the writing on the wall for this season.
    The spring race he seemed to be going all out and still couldnt keep up, so he is starting he campaign against the Duc now.

I mentioned before, I dont think WSBK will do anything about the bike, the other Ducaties werent doing to hot.

10. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

I haven’t seen a lap by lap listing of each riders lap times during the race, but my recollection was that Bautista was running in the mid 1:30’s and slipped into the low 1:31’s at the end of the race. Rea’s Time sheets from FP1 had him running a series of laps in the 1:30’s. I have no idea what conditions changed for Rea to not be able to keep up.

11. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

2 things:

- Race temp was much higher than practice sessions
    - Johnny said himself that due to the issues of last year he had to ride at "60%" to milk the rear tire til the end. He was able to run those times but knew it would mean a huge and possibly dangerous drop off the last laps.

12. ShadowBoxer

The season has not started yet and I hate to say this as a Suzuki fan but I think it will be a V4 honda or ducati that wins the championship. I hope am wrong but I doubt it.

13. ljuice26

ljuice26 Well-Known Member

Also, reading the article I posted, Rea seems to be hinting that he wont stand a change in Thailand with the long straights. If I were Bautista, kick him while hes down.....

The Great One likes this.
  14. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I kinda liked Rea, seemed like a decent guy but now I don't know. Whining after the first weekend he's had competition in a few years... :rolleyes:

The Great One likes this.
  15. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

So you're @KWyman133 and you've just seen the V4R have its first real race..... :D

16. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

I just PM'd Larry Lawrence and asked him.

"Camel Challange. Top six or eight qualifiers did a short sprint race for big bucks."

Another race they had back in the day was the California Superbike Challenge. The top ten privateers in the Superbike points did a race on the CSS's bikes, which were assigned by random pick.

17. pfhenry

pfhenry Well-Known Member

Screenshot (193).png

Am I not smart? da faq is this 21 rea 19 bau BS? i get how 25 plus 25 plus 12 is 62 and 20 plus 20 plus 9 is 49

Screenshot (194).png

18. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

Dear Johnny,

Please take your beating like a man. Your interview on Bike Sport News makes you look like a little whiner.

Manufacturers have been making homologation specials for over 30 years playboy. Suzuki GSXR Limited, Honda RC30, Honda RC45, Yamaha OW01, Yamaha R7, Kawasaki ZX7-RR...and Ducati has done it with every single generation of Superbike since about 1989...and they haven’t always dominated. They put the money in to R/D and build a bad ass bike and after one round you’re crying?? Come on man. You’ve been brilliant for the past few years. True champion with loads of class. I’ve been a huge fan since you were having to overvride the POS Honda. Everyone respects you...so how about bringing the fight without all the whining?

$40k price cap and more restrictions on the build...or $20k price cap and allow teams to build the shit out of the bike like a MotoGP bike? I think the former is better for the end consumer. What is stopping Kaw from upping the RPM’s on the ZX-RR?

Manufacturers need to step up and offer better bikes to the consumers. What’s stopping Honda from finally building the next RC Superbike??? They did it in the 80’s, 90’s and 00’s and had success.

You said it yourself, in some of the tighter sections of the track you felt your bike was better. So bring the fight and let’s see sparks fly!

Bautista did ride very well. Congrats to Corse. Gonna be good watching the season unfold. I’m sure Chaz will get a good feeling on the bike soon enough.

Sincerely,

Dr. Steven Brule

The Great One, turbulence and 418 like this.
  19. 418

418 Expert #59

Reality is Ducati did their homework on the rules package and built the best bike they could to bring to the grid.

I have toto wond how long the current rev limit rules will last considering the Panigale is "allowed" to rev 2000 RPM higher than anything else on the grid.

20. IrocRob

IrocRob Well-Known Member

The Rea 21 and Bautista 19 thing is just for the Tissot Superpole Award.

Just for pole positions, not race wins.