1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rossi Rossi Blah Blah Blah

Discussion in 'General' started by Luckystrike, Jun 17, 2002.

1. Luckystrike

Luckystrike Well-Known Member

MotoGP would be so much more exciting to see someone else win... It's become so predcitable that it's not even fun to watch anymore.

2. ZebProctor

ZebProctor Well-Known Member

AND Formula One, AND WSB.... Nascar is almost more exciting now, just because there's a lot of good people fighting it out.....

3. Rat

Rat Well-Known Member

It isn't boring yet but if Rossi stops doing those long 100mph+ "just because I can" slides it will be. Oh yeah, and I still look forward to watching him bow to his crew as he passes the finish line, and ride side-saddle on his victory lap. Rossi is definitely the man! :)

4. Luckystrike

But all those things are so damn predictable! I want to see some epic battles like the ones we used to have with Rainey and Schwantz... back in the day when men were men and racers didn't grow pork chops.

5. Guoseph

Guoseph Soil Sampler

Don't I remember you having side burns in one of your pictures?

6. Luckystrike

well... thats when I was going through the Elvis phase. But speaking of side burns... did you see Marco Melandri? He's the man.. he's a cool looking mofo with his chops. :D

7. Sean Jordan

Sean Jordan Well-Known Member

Wanna see some good racing? Try World Supersport.

Wow, that is some good racing.

8. texasF4

texasF4 Tallest Guy at the Track

I seem to remember Ukawa leading Rossi for most of the MotoGP race this weekend. And when Rossi passed, he was still there on Rossi's tail until the end. The early dicing with Checa was pretty entertaining as well. Both Rossi and Ukawa were making those power slides look sweet.

9. Luckystrike

sure... just like every other race this season.. Ukawa leading.. only to be taken by Rossi in the final stages of the race. They need to give the 4 strokes to Barros , Capirossi, and Kato and see what happens. That would make for some exciting shit.

10. EMathy

EMathy Dreaming of a *****...

Amen to that! Also the 125GP class always has high quality, close racing.

Now, I don't mind Rossi winning. I'd just like it if the races were closer. Right now you just know Rossi is hanging out, letting the guys up front roach their tires, waiting for the final 5 laps and then letting it loose. Maybe later if Yamaha keeps developing their 4 stroke.

11. Now see I like seeing Rossi fight it out cuz he doesn't always blow the field away right off the bat. I think it's awesome that he like just sets back and runs pace, then just takes the lead at his leisure, and just runs away...simply just some bad arse skillz goin on there. The class i'm about tired of is WSB itself. I don't really care to much to see Edwards win persay but I really like watching Ruben Xaus ride...the man is just a animal on that Duc. He's prolly my favorite WSB rider these days. I'm tired of Bayliss's frickin he hey I'm the best and no one is as fast as me ego. He is backing it up but no reason to rub it in like he does. I've been waiting to see Colin punch his arse out on the podium lol but Colins being cool about it though so good on him for that. Agreed WSS is where it's at for Europe. 250 class isn't to bad either.

12. James#306

James#306 Backmarker Extraordinaire

Bayliss is a really cool guy (for an Ausi ;) ). He can talk smack becasue he's the top o' the world at the moment and has earned it. Him and Edwards are golfing buddies so I doubt you will see them duking it out... :rolleyes:

But yeah, WSB is becoming something of a yawner... As good as they are, an hour of watching the same 2 Ducatis go round gets boring after a while.

IMHO Right now all the AMA series; 250GP, SBK and the SS classes are alot more interesting than any of the world level stuff.

13. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

By the end of the season I think the Yamahas will be fighting the Hondas more and the Suzukis are starting to come around but the Roberts whining will probably take over before the technical crap is worked out.

It will continue to be a Honda blowout this season but should tighten up quite a bit next season. It really isn't much different than the last decade though. Pretty much been a Repsol show for years. KR Jr pulled one out in 2000 because it rained all season. :rolleyes:

14. Luckystrike

Hey as much as I'm not a fan of Roberts Jr. He did put the hurtin on the entire field a few times in the dry as well. He was pretty damn impressive at Motegi wasn't he? But anyway.. I hope Barros, Capirossi, and Kato all get the four stroke. Just imagine a 7 rider battle for the win round after round. That would truly be freaking amazing.. like the phillip island race last year? Remember that? How exciting was that? :)

15. texasF4

texasF4 Tallest Guy at the Track

They did say Barros and Capirossi were both getting four strokes next season. They're still looking good on the two strokes - spanked Roberts.

16. F2racer

F2racer Well-Known Member

moto gp

I cant wait till next year. We will see how good baliss is on a GPduc. I heard capparossi is going to race a kawi 4stroke. there will be 4 new four strokes. duc,kaw,foggy pentros, and a v5 proton. It should get interesting.
    But I do love watching rossi & big red kick ass.

17. James#306

The Foggy Petoronas is going to race WSB (homogulation rules not-withstanding).

I hope Honda supplies RC211s to the other teams, then Yamaha will follow suit with its support squads. It'll be good to see Hopper on a M1. :)

Yeah, next year will be MUCH better...

18. ZebProctor

ZebProctor Well-Known Member

Re: moto gp

Bayliss is Switching to GP??

19. WERA33

WERA33 Well-Known Member

the last info on the KR project was a V6. i have to diagree with you guys that believe any of the other manufactures will be competitive with honda without some sort of rule change. honda wanted four stroke gps for a reason. they have the most f1 tech and expierience. i just cant see ducati and the other four cylinders having a chance until they change the rules or develope a 5 or 6 cyl. they do not have the money to keep up.
    i am a two-stroke rider myself, but i did want to see the 2 and four strokes mix it up. if the fim would have been a little more conservitive on the displacement the races would be alot more entertaining right now.

20. James#306

Yeah, seems to be a 750cc displacement for 4 strokes would have been more "fair". But of course the FIM and maufacturers didn't want fair, they wanted to make the 2 strokes "obsolete"...