1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rookie questions

Discussion in 'Information For New Racers' started by Kyle Brosius, Feb 16, 2018.

1. Kyle Brosius

Kyle Brosius Well-Known Member

I’ll be doing the riders school 3-17 at Roebling Road can’t wait! I have a bunch of rookie questions though.

You don’t have to hit a certain lap time to graduate the race school do you? I’ve never been to Roebling Road before so I’m sure I’ll be slow lol.

Do I or can I pre enter in order to ensure there is a spot for me and the school isn’t full. I’m driving from Pittsburgh and that would really suck if the race school was full when I got there. I read the new racers handbook but the preregistration link does not work.

The number on my bike is 171 (with a yellow background) if that number is already taken are number decals available on site to change my number.

Are the stickers for listing medical information on your helmet available onsite?

I would like to race v8mw is there any shot I would be able to get on the track Saturday after the school for some practice laps before racing since this will be my first time at Roebling Road?

Thanks in advance for helping me out. I just want to make sure all of my ducks are in line so I have a good weekend.

2. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

No Lap times.... Just don't crash..... And you graduate as long as you pass the test in class...
    Yes you can Pre enter for the school... I would recommend it and save the trouble the morning of..
    Leave Yellow Plates on and take a roll of Electrical tape for you... You can pre register with Sean here and get your number prior to the event... This too will save time Sat AM...However Stickboy in the big white trailer has numbers I think... (A Frozen Margarita Machine too)
    No stickers for Medical as far as I know... Always a good idea to write down emergency contact info and blood type on a label and put in chest of leathers...
    Your practice will be before the Mock race at Noon/Or first race after Lunch... If you pass and don't crash you can then register for any races after as long as your bike is eligible...

Have FUN!!! And Have FUN!!!! if you don't get in the Ambulance and go to the nearest Hospital....

Rising Sun and ToofPic like this.
  3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No pre entry for the school - easier in all reality to fill out the paperwork with someone there to help you out. The school will not be full, we always have room.

You can do the membership beforehand and get the number handled. Form is here - http://www.wera.com/pdfs/forms/newmember.pdf and you can mail/fax/email it to us. You can also handle the AMA membership beforehand here - http://www.amajoin.com/WEMORO

Don't worry about medical info on the helmet, at this point the medics will type your blood before trusting a sticker since it's so easy to do. Your question does help my decision on removing that from the rulebook :)

You'll be on track for practice during the school Saturday morning like all the others. Then the mock race right after lunch then V8 later in the day.

It's easy but confusing so any other questions just ask.

4. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

Stickboy has a new fancy red trailer but he also has a smaller trailer. He’s the guy with the Bridgestone and Michelin tires for sale but he also usually carries numbers.

Back when I took the Saturday riders school, the morning was alternating between classroom and on track for practice. Then in the afternoon you’d get your mock race and if you don’t crash you pass.

5. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

I like this better than the old way of mock race at the end of the day. :clap:

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah, with the DH stuff and Vintage riders taking the school I had to rearrange things. It seems to work pretty well.

7. Kyle Brosius

Kyle Brosius Well-Known Member

Thanks for the help everybody that clears up things a bunch! Hopefully I can get a tranny in my powerstroke so I don’t have to use my beater Honda CR-V as the tow rig lol!

Rising Sun likes this.