1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rolex 24 Hours of Daytona

Discussion in 'General' started by CRA_Fizzer, Jan 26, 2018.

1. BigBird

BigBird blah

We don't see their face when that direct deposit hits though

[​IMG]

NemesisR6 likes this.
  2. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

Danny Ric.

scottn likes this.
  3. scottn

scottn Well-Known Member

Yup, Ricciardo for sure.

4. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Yea, I could agree with that.

Hopefully he keeps that demeanor now that he's expected to be on the pointy end and is facing much more scrutiny. Plus all drama surrounding the prima-donna's who populate the rest of the grid.

5. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

6. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

7. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Not at all. Lol! Pop watched the race with me and he was asking what engine they run and which manufacturer and "Sorry pop I have no clue except that's a Cadillac".

8. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Prototype
    This is the flagship class, and the only one of the three that doesn’t start out as a production car. There are two different Prototypes: those that adhere to the World Endurance Championship “LMP2” model, which stands for Le Mans Prototype 2, and the DPi, which stands for Daytona Prototype international.

The LMP2 is legal for the 24 Hours of Le Mans (as long as it has a Gibson engine, the only powerplant allowed for LMP2 cars by the WEC). The “P2” differs from the more exotic “P1,” which is the top class at Le Mans. The DPi is very similar—in fact, it takes a trained eye to tell an LMP2 from a DPi—but was developed for IMSA competition. Unlike the WEC, IMSA allows for different engines.

There’s the aforementioned Gibson, a normally aspirated 4.5-liter V8; the Mazda, a 2.0-liter turbocharged four-cylinder; the Cadillac, a normally aspirated 5.5-liter V8, down from 6.2 liters in 2017; the Nissan, a 3.8-liter turbocharged V6; and the Acura, a 3.5-liter turbocharged V6. Despite the differences, all the engines are governed by IMSA to around 600 hp. The chassis on both types of car are carbon-fiber monocoque (the original IMSA Daytona Prototypes were tube-framed) with a total weight of just over a ton.

9. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

10. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

Those Ford GT's are badass, but they have basically been accused of sandbagging every single test event since launch. Including what damn near seemed like a scripted and staged return to LeMans - where the BoP makes this Daytona24 look perfect.

Steeltoe and G Dawg like this.
  11. I’m waiting for the “not in the spirit of the rules” sandbagging penalty. Hard to say they’ve been accused of it when you look at the data.

12. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

13. tiggen

14. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

15. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

17. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

That alternator looks positively pedestrian in all that finery.

[​IMG]

18. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

The sound of those monsters........gives you chills in all the best ways.

19. tiggen

20. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!