1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roger Lyle back protector question..

Discussion in 'Track Days' started by Dr.Duct_Mossbur, Apr 11, 2009.

1. Dr.Duct_Mossbur

Dr.Duct_Mossbur Well-Known Member

hey everyone,

Sorry for the noob question, but im having some trouble getting ahold of motoneko here, So I've turned to you all for possible help.

does anyone know if this will pass the back protector regulation at Roger Lyle?

http://motonekoparts.com/AlpineStars-RC-Back-Protector-p-16163.html#

I have the rc1 full 1 pc leather suit, but I wasnt sure if this was good enough to get thru tech..

TIA for any help guys!

2. 03silvr6

03silvr6 Well-Known Member

Spend the extra 75 bucks for the bionic one, don't want to go cheap with protection. Spend the extra cash if helps you from getting injured worse or if it prevents from getting paralyzed.

3. RubberChicken

RubberChicken PimpMasterT

If I am doing tech, it will pass. If you want more protection, it is available.

4. r1ryder424

r1ryder424 Well-Known Member

looks like a floor mat

5. Z-man

Z-man Resident Instigator

Wow, you really are a noob if you are seriously considering that "mouse pad" to protect your back. Crashes happen, it is all part of the sport, but you have to prepare for the wost. What kind of impact protection will you get from that protector. I use the Dainese Wave 2. it is a honeycomb design so I get impact and abraision protection.

Z

6. (diet)DrThunder

(diet)DrThunder Why so serious, son?

There's no reason to be a dick about it. Did you come out of the womb as a ready-born motorcycle armor expert?

To the original poster...you can get a perfectly good back protector for $100 or even less, so get one that is longer. I guarantee you that if you fall off and damage your spine because of an inadequate piece of kit, you will not be in the ICU thinking about how lucky you are to have saved the $80 or whatever.

Here is a promising bet...this is a rebadged Forceshield...one of the very best on the market.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JOE-...c0.m245&_trkparms=72:1171|65:12|39:1|240:1318

There are plenty of other name brand ones on there (don't buy a generic one).

Good luck and have fun!

7. Z-man

Z-man Resident Instigator

Sorry didn't mean to be a dick, just trying be sure you know how important the proper protection is and how poor I think that protector you presented is. I've seen some bad crashes and have had back surgery myself, you don't want to be cheap on protection. If you don't have it when you need it, for the rest of your life you will hate yourself for not buying a better made product.

Oh and Dr. as a matter of fact, I did come out of the womb in a set of leathers ready to go.:up:

Z

8. (diet)DrThunder

(diet)DrThunder Why so serious, son?

Ok, I admit it. Me too! :)